Jordan_H's 98 Accord Sedan EX (56k)

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Awesome. I had big H22 plans for my i4. The wiring sounds more painful, though.

Really? The wiring that goes along with a j32 and 6mt is what scares me. I haven't really done the swap yet, but it seems easy enough. The only wiring that scares me is the distributor.

phi1542

Reaction score
Super exciting to see. Right now I'm trying to decide what header to go with. I want to keep A/C but don't want to go with some generic eBay one. I know h22 swaps aren't too common here but I'm sure someone has an idea.

image1_zpslrhnbik9.jpg
I've done some digging on the PLM headers. You can get them on ebay or their site I think it's around 300 bucks. On the prelude forums people talk good about them and show their dynos. Looks like they are getting at least 10 horses. That's the one I'm planning to get if I don't go turbo. They have headers that have really good gains for over a grand but at that point is not worth it you might as well boost lol imo

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Haven't been on this site in awhile. Probably because I haven't done much to the accord lately. I did pick up an aftermarket headed for my h22 and v6 calipers to do a 5 lug swap down the road. The build is going to be super slow because I have been putting a little bit of money into my s13. I just recently graduated from high school and got my AA. Right now I'm daily driving 98 Impreza outback sport. Girls think it's cute so that's a plus. It's kind of cool because for the longest time I really wanted a 2.5rs and this is like the dad version of that haha. The Subaru is really slow. In every way I think my Honda is better so I don't get why Hondas receive so much bashing and subarus are praised. As far as my s13 goes.... I bought a pair of s14 seats from my friend, I got an nrg quick release and short hub (probably getting a nardi wheel soon), I picked up a spare ka24e with low miles and new alternator, timing belt, water pump, etc from my friend for $150. I'm pulling my motor soon to replace the motor and trans. Shouldn't be too difficult because I helped my friend manual swap his s13 in 2 days. I also ordered isis 3 inch straight pipe blast pipes for it because the exhaust was falling apart. My plan right now is to sell the Subaru and make the s13 my daily driver (crazy I know) but I'm trying to buy a newer Toyota Tacoma to make my work truck. I plan to be an electrician and am starting the apprenticeship soon. I promise to make some sort of progress on the accord and keep you guys updated. Weather has been nice so I've been driving it around and snapping necks. I'll never get rid of this car. Here are some nice iPhones pics I got the other day. Hope this wasn't too hard to follow along with. Enjoy!

image1_zpsq80tekjn.jpg

image2_zpsd9dg3rio.jpg

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
Unsure of brand. Got it off a buddy who said it was really good he just went with the 1320 header instead (I think that's the name). Got it fairly cheap so not really worried about it.

image1_zpskz31rl16.jpg
Oh nice man. That looks like the PLM header I was talking about. That should work well for you

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Still looking good. I don't know what it is, but for some reason your sedan has a sort of e36-ish look about it overall. Sounds weird, but it comes out in certain photos like the side profile shots just above. Take that for what you will lol.

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Still looking good. I don't know what it is, but for some reason your sedan has a sort of e36-ish look about it overall. Sounds weird, but it comes out in certain photos like the side profile shots just above. Take that for what you will lol.

Thanks! I've actually had that same thought. I think it might be the spoiler. I've always been a big BMW fan and would like to own one someday. (Technically I own a 2004 325i but that's a long story) my family owned a white e36 when I was younger and I fell in love with that car. It is really going to look like an e36 when I put my TL sideskirts on because they're the same style as the e36 skirts.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I've got some bad news... But at least there is good news because of it. The accord got into a wreck caused by a deer and my car ending up in the ditch... I drove the car home fine but it does need a new front end minus the fenders. I'll be going back to the sedan front with a wings west w type lip. I'll be redoing my retrofit and adding in a switch back led strip. While I have the core support off I'll be doing my h22 swap and then the entire car will be painted nighthawk black pearl. I'll keep you guys updated on progress.

Back