Aligment Problem

kn106518

Reaction score
OK ever since i lower my car with F&F2 i haven't done aligment yet. And now i can see that the 2 front tires are wearing more then the outer. So i took to the aligment shop, they told me that they can adjust the toe, but not the camber because i don't have the adjustable kit.

So my question to all the expert out there is that, so i really need to buy an adjustable camber kit in the front? or is it ok for the shop just do the toe adjustment?

And if i do need to buy the front camber kit, Do i buy the ADJUSTABLE UPPER CONTROL ARM or just camber ball joint?

I just want to make my front tire more positive so it more easy on the tire wear that's all, i don't need negative camber.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
It depends on how low you are. They might just be blowing smoke. Usually a toe adjustment in the front is all you need. The rear toe can be adjusted. However, might need a camber kit for the rear.

Im pretty low and I not done an alignment yet, but then again, its not my daily driver.

Last edited:

kn106518

Reaction score
i am on 17in rim 215/45/17 tire, and is lower to half a finger gap in the front, so it's about 1/2in gap.

finch13

Reaction score
Rear camber is going to be larger than the front, that's why most people only get the rear. I never had my front camber adjusted and the tires are wearing nice and even. If you really want to get a front kit, get the adjustble arms, otherwise you might run into issues with the adjustble joint hitting the fender.

Why did you wait so long to get an alignment? 2 weeks is about all you need for it to settle.

BLACK SUNSHINE

Reaction score
Yeah man i work for a shop doing alignments, and u should deff get the kit for the front, unless u like buying tires all the time, if u drop your ride more than 2 inches we recommend getting the kit.......

kn106518

Reaction score
how likely is it the camber is the problem? 2 alignment shop say they can only adjust the toe, but the camber is in too much then they can't do **** about it. it seem like a waste of money $45. right now i don't even know it is the camber that is the problem or the toe. and no alignment shop willing to put the car on to check first.

kn106518

Reaction score
Yeah man i work for a shop doing alignments, and u should deff get the kit for the front, unless u like buying tires all the time, if u drop your ride more than 2 inches we recommend getting the kit.......

would you recommend the Adjustable Ball joint or the adjustable upper control arm? it look like when i buy the adjustable upper control arm it comes with the ball joint right?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
would you recommend the Adjustable Ball joint or the adjustable upper control arm? it look like when i buy the adjustable upper control arm it comes with the ball joint right?

Get the toe adjustment and monitor your tire wear to see if you need a camber kit. Why waste money if you dont need it.

finch13

Reaction score
Like I said, I have a finger gap in the front (2.75" drop) with no camber kit. My rear tires still wear faster with corrected toe and camber than the front with only corrected toe.

And sunshine, you work for a shop, you're supposed to recommend every unnecessary part so the shop makes more money. That's just how the industry works.

meximan16

Reaction score
i have mine dropped 2in. i've never had a problem with the front, but u should get the back checked out mine was bad in the rear, but the camber kit fixed it right up

Back