Aligment Problem

kn106518

Reaction score
Get the toe adjustment and monitor your tire wear to see if you need a camber kit. Why waste money if you dont need it.

is that what you did? i'm sorry i ask a lot of question but i guess i rather ask from the people who did it before i do it.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Like I said, I have a finger gap in the front (2.75" drop) with no camber kit. My rear tires still wear faster with corrected toe and camber than the front with only corrected toe.

And sunshine, you work for a shop, you're supposed to recommend every unnecessary part so the shop makes more money. That's just how the industry works.

:ohsnap:
I was going to say the same thing, but I didn't wanna go there today.

is that what you did? i'm sorry i ask a lot of question but i guess i rather ask from the people who did it before i do it.

No I have not, I have not driven more than 60miles since the drop.

I dont plan on driving more until I get an alignment .

I've been on here long enough and I'm an active member. I have read many many times, with your drop. You dont need a front camber kit.

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
I'm not trying to point fingers at anyone and its not his fault, I'm just saying shops make more money replacing more parts, whether you need them or not.

There are more people on here with no front camber kits than I can count on my fingers and toes. That should say something.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet the reason your tires are wearing badly on the insides is because your toe is out of spec. I went through a brand new set of tires in three months once becasue I slacked on getting my alignment.

How long have you been dropped w/o the alignment?

BLACK SUNSHINE

Reaction score
Well if your wear is extreme, then spending 200.00 to fix it is alot cheaper than spending 550-600 on tires once a year, but like so many have stated on here u dont need to do it, heck i dont have it done and im dropped like 2.5, but i keep up on my tire rotation, and alignment specs on a regular basis. And if u were around here where i am, i offer free alignments to all 6g members, .....also ask a shop to do an alignment check for u and tell them u want a print out on the specs, if they do it post them up and we will be able to tell u if u r in the extreme area or not, if u r around 2-2.5 degrees in the neg u r cool, after 3 degrees u r going to start chewin up tires..... but im just tryin to help bro.....good luck man.....

kn106518

Reaction score
anyone in in SOCAL know an alignment shop that do lower car? 2 alignments shop i went to are not specially working with lower car. I think i should go to the shop and see what they say about it.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Well if your wear is extreme, then spending 200.00 to fix it is alot cheaper than spending 550-600 on tires once a year, but like so many have stated on here u dont need to do it, heck i dont have it done and im dropped like 2.5, but i keep up on my tire rotation, and alignment specs on a regular basis. And if u were around here where i am, i offer free alignments to all 6g members, .....also ask a shop to do an alignment check for u and tell them u want a print out on the specs, if they do it post them up and we will be able to tell u if u r in the extreme area or not, if u r around 2-2.5 degrees in the neg u r cool, after 3 degrees u r going to start chewin up tires..... but im just tryin to help bro.....good luck man.....

WhenI get my alignment Im going to give you my specs. I thought anything from 1.5 negetive or positive is out of spec.

kn106518

Reaction score
I really appreciate all the help on here that is all we do on here is help each other. and ya, it been slagging of on the alignment it has been i say around 8-9 months after i lower my car without any alignment. But i just change this new set of tire about 4 months ago. and it start to show that the inner tire is wearing more than outter.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
the problem with fixing the camber on the front is that it is a catch22....if you go so low your camber is out of spec...you don't have much suspension travel...if you add a camber adjustment that pushes the a-arm length out...it doesn't hit the top of the shock tower....it never gets there....it hits the edges and doesn't allow the arm to go all the way up into the shock tower...usually the only ones that hit the shock tower have ball joint camber kits that if you are low enough to need them make your suspension travel non existent....

the only setup that is good is the a-arm one and even with that one if you are too low with the camber fixed it will still hit...

i would rather have my full suspension travel and camber than be bottoming out...if the alignment is done correctly the camber shouldn't hurt it unless you are like -3 or more....not to mention a degree or so of camber looks good

on the rear tho...by all means you want a camber kit if you drop MORE than not exactly 1.5"

kn106518

Reaction score
the problem with fixing the camber on the front is that it is a catch22....if you go so low your camber is out of spec...you don't have much suspension travel...if you add a camber adjustment that pushes the a-arm length out...it doesn't hit the top of the shock tower....it never gets there....it hits the edges and doesn't allow the arm to go all the way up into the shock tower...usually the only ones that hit the shock tower have ball joint camber kits that if you are low enough to need them make your suspension travel non existent....

the only setup that is good is the a-arm one and even with that one if you are too low with the camber fixed it will still hit...

i would rather have my full suspension travel and camber than be bottoming out...if the alignment is done correctly the camber shouldn't hurt it unless you are like -3 or more....not to mention a degree or so of camber looks good

on the rear tho...by all means you want a camber kit if you drop MORE than not exactly 1.5"

So from what i read here is that it is not necessary to have the camber kit in the front eh?

Back