6GA member begs for mounting/balancing help!

ShutOutTheSky

Reaction score
A CRY TO CHICAGO LOCALS:

I just grabbed 4 Yokohama Avid Touring tires for my car, as my Kumho's have gone to ****. Now... as I beg 6GA... Is anyone interested in helping me mount/balance my rubber at a reasonable price? I'm sure this is asking a lot... Free is the optimum outcome I could hope for... but that's a joke. How about I toss in the beat up set of Kumho's? Haha.

Seriously, though. The cheapest place I've been able to find for a walk-in with tires I did not purchase on location is Walmart. Anyone willing to steer me elsewhere?

Thanks!

Last edited:

dcmystery21

Reaction score
34 bucks for 4 tires? walmart wont even touch my wheels. the best price i could find is $20 each at meineke. if you were close, i could have hooked you up. good luck

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
yea 34$ is pretty cheap..depending on your tire size/series is what determines the price at most places.
Kaufman charges 25$ + there "road hazard" thing they do for 8$. each.

ShutOutTheSky

Reaction score
So far the most trustworthy quote I have going is $56 at Discount Tire. I previously purchased my Kumho's there and got about 45,000 miles out of them. They issued certificates for replacement on the tires (which I used 1 of due to pothole damage) and fixed many flats for me.

Homorously enough, I went in to get this quote this morning and asked them to put my rears up front (since they have more tread) while I wait on shipping for the Yokohama's and they told me my tires are beyond the legal limit and they aren't allowed to service them. Haha! The passenger's at 1/32" and the driver's side is just gone. These tires started at 11/32".

Here's where I've had some disagreement. My girlfriend's father's a motorcycle mechanic/muscle car restorationist. He's a great guy and I trust him all the way. We were laughing because Discount Tire told me it'd be better to leave the tires with more tread on the rear wheels, as it'll prevent fish-tailing. Fish-tailing... in a front-wheel drive Accord... The defense was that I have control over the front tires, not the rears. What do you guys think of that?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I think you should get your tires mounted and balanced at Wal-mart. $34 is cheap as ****. I cost me $100 to have tires mounted and balanced on my 18's.

Back