Mufflers

Ashton

Reaction score
Hey guys! I want to do something not to expensive to my exhaust to make it louder and sound better since it’s stock. I have been looking into magnaflow mufflers that I would replace my two stock ones as I have a v6. Would this sound good? And if any of you know, which mufflers should I look into getting? Thanks!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Changing out the mufflers only (axleback) is the cheapest way, just get a good set of Magnaflow, Vibrant, Apexi, Tanabe, etc mufflers. Check out the manufacturer sites, there may be part numbers that bolt on. If not, you can buy whatever muffler then have an exhaust shop make custom piping and weld everything on.

phi1542

Reaction score
How loud do you want it? Doing the axelback like Red said won't do much noise wise with the small stock piping and those stock resonators. It's a good cheap alternative if you just want it a little louder though. and if that's what you want Magnaflow and Vibrant are great. I recommend doing straight pipe catback 2.25" with two Magnaflow round resonators part# 10415 as your mufflers. They will cost you like 70 bucks each. Out of the multiple exhaust setups I had this was my favorite.

capsidx

Reaction score
Make SURE you get a resonator or two. My exhaust drones like a mf and I want to jump out sometimes

capsidx

Reaction score
Yea if you’re using stock piping you’ll be fine but if you decide to do a full exhaust and use like 2.5 inch to 3 inch piping a resonator is a must.

Ashton

Reaction score
How loud do you want it? Doing the axelback like Red said won't do much noise wise with the small stock piping and those stock resonators. It's a good cheap alternative if you just want it a little louder though. and if that's what you want Magnaflow and Vibrant are great. I recommend doing straight pipe catback 2.25" with two Magnaflow round resonators part# 10415 as your mufflers. They will cost you like 70 bucks each. Out of the multiple exhaust setups I had this was my favorite.

Which resonators are you talking about? And would two be needed?

Back