Rear License Plate Light

Ric Rock

Reaction score
Has anyone ever changed the light that turns on above your license plate? does anyone have any pics what color it was changed too?

thanks guys

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
1) Yeah I'll post one up, if you answer how your headlights turned out!! Didn't you blackhouse them???!!! Or did you forget about the post.

2) Do a search immediately when you have a question, before posting. I did a search on "license plate led" and this was among the first 5 results!!! This topic has been covered numerous times.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4066&highlight=license+plate+led&page=2

This is a picture of my LED now:
img2028mx6.jpg

This is a picture of my stock halogen bulb, which is much yellower (to compare):
rearsv6.jpg

I have a 1 superwhite LED in mine. The one (1) LED consists of a cluster of 4 directional led's, with a luxeon in the middle from www.superbrightleds.com

I think there is no reason for a huge fancy "licence plate" lighting setup anyways... what, do you want the cops to see your digits better?? I just like the natural blue color that the LED gives off better than halogen, supporting MikeyMike's statement from a previous post on this topic... even though it may not be the brightest.

Last edited:

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
A lot of guys on V6P including myself have changed out the stock license plate bulb for CCFLs, and the difference is amazing. Pics will be up later.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Someone had posted on here or V6P about doing the Lexus lighting upgrade for the licence plate light. Very nice mod!

dj__mo

Reaction score
just do a search on ebay 168 194 white led thats the bulb size u need gl

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
I don't have a pic of it yet but I did what Russianred did. Only difference is my car is silver and I got a chrome license frame (makes it looks waayyy nicer). I'll get a pic of it up prob tomorrow.

dj__mo

Reaction score
^^ oh yeah rather than having that nasty stock yellow bulb gives it a nice finish

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Finally found some time to upload the pic I took last night. Hope it helps in your decision.

DSC04110.jpg

Back