Changing Spark Plugs: Caution TONS of PICS...56k's Beware!!!

du3ce

Reaction score
my car starts just fine, im just replacing it cause i just passed 100k, anything else i should do besides timing belt?
heres what i plan on doing on sunday
cabin air filter change
air filter change
oil change
seafoam
replace spark plug/distributor cap
coolant flush

001Stunna

Reaction score
my car starts just fine, im just replacing it cause i just passed 100k, anything else i should do besides timing belt?
heres what i plan on doing on sunday
cabin air filter change
air filter change
oil change
seafoam
replace spark plug/distributor cap
coolant flush

Some other things id suggest...
PCV Valve
Clean Throttle Body/Butteryfly valve
...also assuming with your timing belt you're doing waterpump and balance shaft belt, and there's 2 oil seals and a cam seal retainer that was a TSB for our cars.

Last edited:

Accordologist

Reaction score
Man i just spent my pay check! Maybe on my next one i will do all of this! I'm pretty sure it will help me alot! i am having problems with my idle and at times my vtec, i've heard by a few ppl tell me to check out the distributor and i just haven't done so. But after what i read here and the benefits you had after changing it, i am going to make this a priority for me. THANKS ALOT AGAIN!

phi1542

Reaction score
I changed my spark plugs, wire, cap, and rotor a year or two ago (20-30k miles???). Just wondering how often i need to change the plugs and do I have to change the wire/cap/rotor too? or are those good to go. I just changed everything since my car is at 200+k miles and im pretty sure previous owner (my cousin) did no maintenance lol

james'99

Reaction score
I changed my spark plugs, wire, cap, and rotor a year or two ago (20-30k miles???). Just wondering how often i need to change the plugs and do I have to change the wire/cap/rotor too? or are those good to go. I just changed everything since my car is at 200+k miles and im pretty sure previous owner (my cousin) did no maintenance lol

High end plugs can last 100k. I'd probably change them sooner honestly but they can last. Yours are fine. I'd probably change the cap/rotor/wires at 100k too personally.

phi1542

Reaction score
High end plugs can last 100k. I'd probably change them sooner honestly but they can last. Yours are fine. I'd probably change the cap/rotor/wires at 100k too personally.

idk if mine are high end. I have ngk laser iridium I think. wire cap rotor are honda oem

Back