WHich ELECTRIC IMPACT WRENCH good for working on car?

kn106518

Reaction score
hey i was looking into buying an electric impact wrench so it would make my life more easier when i try to install my new shock and coilover.

I just want to know what kind if good? i found on on HarborFreight.com sell for $50.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=31877

anyway, would a 240ft/lb of tourqe good enough to open the wheel nuts, or any nuts on the car. And is 1/2" wrench or 3/4" wrench?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
240 ft-lb is MORE than enough.. lug nuts are only torqued to 80 ft-lbs typically.

Last edited:

dynasty

Reaction score
i have those lug nut impact wrench from walmart. i used that to do my suspension. HAHA. if it didn't work, then i used my original socket wrench with a breaker bar and loosen it. then i used that impact wrench to take it off quicker. but $50 sounds good.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
shouldn't be using anything but a socket wrench and a torque wrench to put them on anyway...

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
cordless FTL. with the cord has more constant power. :ownedrun:

lol cord= lame when you drag it around the shop all the time...

My extra batteries are always charged, they are light,small and nimble... and corded well just doesnt do it for me :D

I guess I dont like being chained up and want to be free of running extension cords etc..

98accordlx

Reaction score
wow i haven't thought about getting one of these since i owned my mr2. and back then people swore by using air tools over the electric stuff.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
lol cord= lame when you drag it around the shop all the time...

My extra batteries are always charged, they are light,small and nimble... and corded well just doesnt do it for me :D

I guess I dont like being chained up and want to be free of running extension cords etc..

Word, all the techs at my moms dealership use the cordless Makita's and love them.

Back