Viper 5901 Alarm DIY!

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
I've been reading a bit on diy alarms for my S2k and it seems like diy is the only way to go if you want the alarm to actually do anything for you. Unless you install it in an unconventional spot the thieves will find it with a blindfold on.

Since I'm selling my Accord I want to take out my Viper alarm and transfer it to the S2k. The problem is I never touched an alarm. Can I just jump in and cut wires to get it out or do I need to do something special?

How did you deal with the OEM immobilizer, that seems to be the greatest challenge to our cars right?

Great thread btw!

thanks. What kind of alarm did you have in your old accord? Who installed it for you and do you happen to know how they installed it? A proper install will require the usage of solder and if that is the case then you can find the wire and de-solder them then wrap the expose wire with electrical tape. Or you can snip the wire as close as possible and wrap it with electrical tape (lol). If the Viper alarm had R/S then the starter wire is already cut. You will have to solder the wire back together in order to start the engine.

OEM immobilizer can be dealt with by using a bypass module. The one I listed above, ADS-TBSL HA for my car, can be install by connecting the wires to the 5-pin green plug on the steering column. (http://www.idatalink.com/documents/install-guides). After making the required connections you program it by doing certain steps and you then you will be able to remote start.

finch13

Reaction score
my trigger works fine and i tapped because it was a tight spot and didn't want to deal with it. i soldered everything else.

hmm what year model is your car? does it come with factory alarm?

99 LX sedan, no factory alarm. The circuitry should be the same, factory alarm or not, since the factory alarm is plug and play. I must've grabbed the wrong wire and I've just been too lazy to fix it since.

How did you deal with the OEM immobilizer, that seems to be the greatest challenge to our cars right?

You don't need to worry about the immobilizer if you're not using a remote start, which you probably won't with a manual tranny. The alarm has a secondary immobilizer which basically opens then circuit when the alarm is armed. This is why you have to cut the wires to the ignition switch.

With remote start, you need the bypass module to fool the ECU into thinking the key is in the ignition and feeding the ECU a "run" signal from RFID receiver.

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
99 LX sedan, no factory alarm. The circuitry should be the same, factory alarm or not, since the factory alarm is plug and play. I must've grabbed the wrong wire and I've just been too lazy to fix it since.

nope the circuit is not the same. for LX with no factory alarm lock is black/white and unlock is green/red found on a two pin plug at the front of the driver's side fuse panel.

itsallgsho

Reaction score
wow. foreals. that is one badass DIY. just looking at all the wires it comes with looks daunting. mad props bro

st3b0

Reaction score
Auxiliary harness (H2), 8-pin connector
^ do you really need this one? i don't have a factory alarm system, and i don't want the honk i want it to be stealthy :)

ElGatez

Reaction score
Hey excellent reply but did you or any one ever find the wire for thr rear defrost? Seems like no one has the answer? 1998 accord 4cyl ex.. anyone please?

Back