DIY - Mini BBK - all OEM parts and fits inside a 16" wheel

lashlee

Reaction score
I've spent a the last few weeks putting together the pieces to make an all OEM mini big brake kit. It had to fulfill a few things, first and foremost it had to fit inside the 16's that I use daily since I put about 40k miles a year on the Accord and tires are alot cheaper!! And second I wanted OEM parts. I used to have a one of the AEM kits and it worked well but I want off the shelf parts. I'm sure it's been done but I couldn't find anything that was put together on here so I thought I put a list together of what I used.

Legend calipers with OEM pads
99-08 TL caliper brackets (so I could use the 28mm rotors)
99-08 11.8" TL (or V6 6 Speed) 28mm rotors

Here are a few pics of the goodies:
Parts after the clean up:
16089032_medium.jpg

After the rebuild and some paint:
16089033_medium.jpg

Trial fit with the junkyard rotors and no pads:
16089037_medium.jpg

The money shot!! Fits inside an OEM V6 Coupe wheel:
16089040_medium.jpg

One more shot:
16089039_medium.jpg

Now that I know that it fits I'll go ahead and order the new rotors and get it installed. Thanks to F23A1AT for the help on what parts to get for the rebuild and everyone else that has done some of the same work so I could steal part numbers and ideas!! Feel free to ask any questions!!

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Good stuff. Yeah, I've heard of people doing this type of stuff but this is great with pictures. I vote this thread be added to DIY's. You can never have enough DIY / info!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice, cool that you can fit Legend calipers just inside the factory 16's. It really is a "mini BBK" since the factory V6 rotors are 11.1".

Repped. But post some bigger photos haha.

lashlee

Reaction score
You should be able to since the V6 sedan came with 15's. You would just have to make sure and use the 11.1" rotor. I don't think that the Legend caliper is physically much bigger than the standard V6 caliper.

lashlee

Reaction score
I couldn't find a set cheap enough and I'm not sure that they would fit inside the 16's that I use. If I stumble across some in the future it's still an option but right now I need to keep the 16's because of the price of tires.

Back