CBO's 99 Accord EX sedan thread

CBO

Reaction score
Hey y'all. I bought this last night. These pics are from the CL ad.

I searched for almost two months looking for my Accord. I wanted a 00-02 white 4cyl manual, but I settled for a 99 black one in the end. Couldn't stand not having a car another day! The guy originally wanted $3000 for it. It has 254k miles. I took it to my mechanic and it needed some work. So I told the guy what work it needed and then I bought the car for $1400. With a $600 estimate from my mechanic I think I got a good deal. Interior is in great shape for a 99. Few dings on the outside. Newer paint. It was green before so I'm assuming the clear coat faded and hopefully thats why the paint was redone. Needs timing belt adjusted (too tight) new harmonic balancer (wobbly) the idle surges and its throwing a emissions sensor code. Small oil leak. So once thats all fixed I hope to get at least another 100k out of the car. I'll be using it daily and modding it along the way. As soon as I clean it up I'll post some more pics of it. :ehcapt:

-CBO

Varnell

Reaction score
Nice pickup. I enjoyed the 6GA 5spd. So smooth.

What mods are you planning on doing?

CBO

Reaction score
What mods are you planning on doing?

Well first I need to do small things like get a new drivers door inner handle, replace climate control with LED's, might as well do the gauge cluster too. It doesn't seem like the power locks work very well. I ordered a new keyless entry fob and will make sure it all works. It needs a new passenger door speaker. I want a 10" sub. Eventually I want 17 inch wheels. Possible lip kit. Don't want to lower it. And other than that im not sure what else!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, glad you found a manual. Congrats and hope it treats you well.

The door lock actuators are known for going bad in these cars so if the new fob doesn't fix that then I'd start there.

CBO

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Thanks. So I ordered a fob, door speakers, and a handle. Waiting on all that. I found some cheap 17" wheels on CL and I was thinking of getting 225/45r17 for them. Same diameter as stock just a bit wider. Any of you running the same?

BamaVTEC

Reaction score
Thanks. So I ordered a fob, door speakers, and a handle. Waiting on all that. I found some cheap 17" wheels on CL and I was thinking of getting 225/45r17 for them. Same diameter as stock just a bit wider. Any of you running the same?

Ran that exact same set up on mine when I had it, had no rubbing issues whatsoever. (Its still on the same setup by the way, stock suspension and no spacers)

DBO867

Reaction score
Ayyye thats wassup, another 5spd in the forum. I got my 98 cg for $1400 too. Good luck on your build!

Notice your screenname was Cbo, mines Dbo hahaha

CBO

Reaction score
BamaVtec good to hear those tires won't rub. Dbo thanks man.

Swapping out some worn interior parts.

I went to install my door speakers but they didnt fit in the plastic "cage" thing that screws to the door. Not wanting to shop for different speakers and wanting to get it done asap, I decided to just make my own piece to mount them.

Worked great. And everything's put back together.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Hmm maybe I could get my CL speakers to fit doing that. Though they might stick out too far for the door panel to fit over them, not sure. What did you use 1/2" plywood?

Nice job btw.

CBO

Reaction score
^Hmm maybe I could get my CL speakers to fit doing that. Though they might stick out too far for the door panel to fit over them, not sure. What did you use 1/2" plywood?

Nice job btw.

Thanks bud. It was just wood I had in the garage, but yah I think it was half inch.

Back