Chewwy's Winter Daily Accord Thread

Greenbean

Reaction score
Is the tl the same style as the cg? I would prefer that as the trailer is already silver. And yes shipping shouldn't be an issuse

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sorry don't wanna jack a thread. I'll PM you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

chewwyy

Reaction score
Went out scrapyard digging today and hit jackpot!

Local scrapyard had a 2002 Accord in Silver that was pretty clean bodywise.

Grabbed this rust & scratch free trunk lid without a spoiler for $40 :waytogo:
I'll swap it over when I get a chance in the next week or two.

43923357834_aee673fc1d_b.jpg

43733020355_7bae608ea8_b.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice find! I looked for a wingless trunk for my coupe for a while but eventually gave up and bought a junkyard trunk with holes in it and had it welded, grinded, and painted.

cg4ever

Reaction score
Was in the same boat as you when i bought my accord. The trunk had the spoiler option, no luck because usually is not a common on the accord coupe here in Europe but mine got it :( and i dislike the spoiler, in my eyes without it the car is way more classier. So few days before to go to buy the car i found someone who was selling a spoilerless trunk and in the same color as my car and he was just 35km from where the car i wanted to buy was.... I know i'm a lucky b@stard especially when you consider how much rare are the accrod coupe in Europe and especially their parts instead like in the american continent.

I'll install the new trunk at same time when i'll make a new body paint to the car .

Last edited:

chewwyy

Reaction score
Nice find! I looked for a wingless trunk for my coupe for a while but eventually gave up and bought a junkyard trunk with holes in it and had it welded, grinded, and painted.

Thanks alot! I really like the wingless look. Glad I found one. I'll have to delete the rest of the pinstripes on the car though lol

I know i'm a lucky b@stard especially when you consider how much rare are the accrod coupe in Europe and especially their parts instead like in the american continent.

I'll install the new trunk at same time when i'll make a new body paint to the car .

Awesome! Yeah, alot of the higher trim level Accord's here tend to have them. Plus, no spoiler makes it easier to clean all the snow off in the winter ha ha..

A FEW UPDATES:

Had the car checked for a Pre-Safety, it did alright, it needs;
  • Valve Cover Gasket - leaking on exhaust manifold
  • Rear Upper Ball-joints
  • Rear Pads/Rotors
  • Rear Sway Bar Bushings
  • 3rd Brake Light Bulb

I just re-connected the harness for the 3rd brake light bulb and it worked fine, it was disconnected from the factory because of the spoiler.

Ordered everything up from RockAuto, it should be in sometime next week.

chewwyy

Reaction score
Hell yeah wingless FTW. :Jedi:

ha ha... Delete all the spoilers and all the rear wipers!! :chainsaw:

One of the techs at work swapped a set of used winters onto these Alloys I bought off a trade-in Accord Coupe. Not bad for a $200 winter setup.

30020146527_a0cfe8496f_b.jpg

chewwyy

Reaction score
Took some time to peel off the Pinstripe Decals, Looks much cleaner without.

Before:
43186776555_f40033d9e9_b.jpg

After:
44056870835_005fbe86dc_b.jpg

Hoping to swap my trunk over tonight.

Back