ATTN: User Infractions/Citations now in use

Theory208

Reaction score
So if it's a sticky thread, and it stays at the top, there's really no way to bump it I would imagine...??? So how did I bump it?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
So if it's a sticky thread, and it stays at the top, there's really no way to bump it I would imagine...??? So how did I bump it?

by making a post in a thread.

when someone does a search (by new posts) this thread will come up with a new post

Last edited:

Theory208

Reaction score
Ok, so generally speaking, how old is a old thread? A week, month, etc? Cause if I click on a thread and it's say...4 months old. No-one answers their question and I just so happen to stumble upon it. I answer it, is that considered a bump on an old thread? Not trying to be a pita, but it's in my nature to ask a lot of questions.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Ok, so generally speaking, how old is a old thread? A week, month, etc? Cause if I click on a thread and it's say...4 months old. No-one answers their question and I just so happen to stumble upon it. I answer it, is that considered a bump on an old thread? Not trying to be a pita, but it's in my nature to ask a lot of questions.

If a thread 4 mnths old and you didn't see the problem being resolved, don't bump it with a question like "I have the same problem, does anyone know what's going on" or something to that nature. Just start a new thread.

If you have a solution and the thread is pretty old, it's probably best to PM the OP. But more than likely if there was no response for 4 mnths the problem was resolved and never posted. Otherwise the OP would have responded like "anyone have an answer" or something to that nature.

HOWEVER.
If you do bump an old thread with a solution, we will not be as hard on you as if you bumped an old thread with another question or having a similiar problem. If that's the case just start a new thread

Personally, I would say if a thread goes 2 or more weeks withoug having any posts, it's considered an old post.
I believe 2 weeks is more than enough time for a person to see that thread.
Especially if they click on new posts

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Additionally, bumping an old thread with some non-sense simply won't be tolerated. Thats why we have an infraction for it.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
this is turning into a mod abuse thread..... shouldn't we get back to the Original Topic and take these questions to PMs :lawl:

Back