Yet another interior bulb thread....

sandydoull

Reaction score
I know there are countless threads on upgrading dash bulbs to LEDs and such but does a complete list of which bulb types are needed for for each item exist? I am specifically looking to replace the following bulbs and the more threads i read the more confused i get can anyone help me in identifying the correct bulbs for these specific items:-

- Odometer backlight
- Clock backlight
- A/C Climate switch backlighting (See attached pic)
- Backlighting heated seat switches
- Anything I have missed according to the two pictures...

I would prefer to keep the oringal look for these bulbs, wouldnt mind slightly whiter bulbs but definately not looking for any kind of blue tricked out look:p

Last edited:

theshaggystump

Reaction score
I know the gauges are going to be t10 and t5 lights for the odom, signals, etc. The clock will be a t3 neo wedge. Idk about the climate control cuz i have the manual one and no heated seats either :/

sandydoull

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, saves me having to tear evertything apart twice, I wish we could have a guide with all the different bulb sizes and placements...

I know the gauges are going to be t10 and t5 lights for the odom, signals, etc. The clock will be a t3 neo wedge. Idk about the climate control cuz i have the manual one and no heated seats either :/

sandydoull

Reaction score
So I started working on a list for a potential sticky, can anyone help me on completing the list?...

sandydoull

Reaction score
Anyone??

UPDATE here is the latest version of the list, anyone else willing to help??

Last edited:

SupraGuy

Reaction score
Okay, yes this thread is 2 years old.

There are a few things missing that I had a heck of a time finding, so I figured that I'd add to a thread that's easy to find using the search tool, and this seems to be it.

I had some burnt out lamps. Clock backlight (seems typical) some climate control buttons (lower row) and the dash light behind the temp gauge is out. Except once in a while when it comes on, then goes out again.

Anyway, the one thing that I've noticed with these threads is that they seem to always show the climate control that I don't have, so I thought I'd add information on the one that I have. The manual climate control from the 4cyl auto.

I have one of the lamps out in this picture, because I was using it for a size comparison. There appear to be 3 of them, 2 for the button rows, and one for the temperature control knob. In the upper right, you'll see a socket for a #74 lamp, used for the fans speed control knob. Why is that one different? Some Honda engineer somewhere probably has an answer, but I don't. If I had to guess it would be because the high power requirements for the fans speed switch meant keeping the PCB away from it, but that would only be a guess.

In the instrument panel, I also have some differences from what I've seen in here elsewhere.

There are the 3 #194/#168 sockets (T10?) that I was expecting, but also 2 blue ones, which hold the 5mm wedge lamps, like the #74, but somewhat different:

the lamp on the left is the burned out one from the blue holder (The same is in the low fuel light spot) the one on the right is a standard #74. I have no idea which lamp the other one is, but I'd guess that it's higher power than the standard #74. Other sources seem to indicate that it's about double the wattage, but I don't know what its replacement part number is. Those go in the blue holders with the white dots.

A pair of standard #74 lamps go in the top of the gauge, where the black wires from the middle #168/#194 holder go.

All of the other small holders in the gauge seem to hold standard #74 lamps.

So for a complete shopping list, I get

Instrument cluster:
18X single LED device #74 wedge lamps
2X 3 LED device #74 wedge lamps
3X 5 LED device #194 wedge lamps

Clock:
1X single LED device Neo T3 lamp EDIT: Superbrightleds seems to call this their T1/NEOx3HP

Climate Control:
3X 3 LED device Neo T5 lamp EDIT: Superbrightleds seems to call this their NEOx4HP, and it may be a single higher power device instead.
1X 3 LED device #74 wedge lamp

I will probably try for a "standard white" for most of the lamps. I might decide to go with blue for the clock and odometer backlights, since the aftermarket deck that I have lights up with a blue LCD screen (Though of course since it can play DVDs, the blue is the LCD colour, not really backlight, but it uses blue when playing back music.)

I believe that I'll start ordering from superbrightleds.com but I don't think that I'll order 16 of the #74 lamps for the various indicators as all still work acceptably.

Last edited:

sandydoull

Reaction score
You may have a hard time getting the different bulbs to match regular bulbs tend to have a more yellowish colour. I went for a mix of blue and white leds which I regretted and went to all white I found the blue to be too dazzling compared to the white just my two centS...

Back