**Updated need more help**removing alternator

white beauty

Reaction score
alright, stupid me i cant do a diy without ****ing something up, i was finishing up my diy grounding kit, putting the alternator to battery connection and i touched two things that i apparently wasnt supposed to and it threw sparks and now my car wont start, i blew the alternator. my question, i have already taken out the two bolts holding it in, but how do i get it off the pulley, its like jammed in there, anything will help, thanks

Alright turns out it was alternator,so i got an OEM replacement, finally got the old one out and put the new one in, made sure everything was tight, turned on the car, it started just fine, i was starting get happy when all of a sudden my belts starting making this squeaking noise, and it just got louder, when i drive its unbearably loud, anyone know whats wrong now

Last edited:

white beauty

Reaction score
Re: **Help** removing alternator

well, i really dont know what i blew, i assume it was alternator because that is what sparked and the reason im taking it out is so i ca go to autozone and test to see if it is blown, i would i know if i only blew the fuse

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score

Check ur main fuse...one the the members here blew it out three times jus takin out his battery...check that and with the alternator..if u can get it out have it checked as well

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score

cross your fingers that its the main fuse...cause if it shorted cause you touched positive to negative...your fuse should blow before it hurts anything...cause thats what fuses are there for....it should be a big 100amp fuse in the under hood fuse box

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

+1 for fuse.. happened to me before :coffee:

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score

I vote for main fuse also.
But if you don't find the fuse blown, take the alternator to AutoZone like you said & have it tested. If it truly is blown, they will remove the bolt & pulley for you. They will also slap the pulley on the new alternator too if it doesn't come with the right size pulley.

white beauty

Reaction score

alright ill check the fuse, but how will i know if its blown, will it look different or something, and if its not the fuse, i want to take the alternator to autozone but i cant get it out of the car, any ideas of how do it.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score

i think the fuse has a clear top on it...you look through there and see if its blown

nexTOme

Reaction score

Check ur main fuse...one the the members here blew it out three times jus takin out his battery...check that and with the alternator..if u can get it out have it checked as well

:lawl: uh oh! i know who that is.....tsk tsk tsk....

:lolrun:

:hide:

yeah i think you should check your fuse first as well.....GL man. :thumbsup:

Back