-=[ CCFL Ftw! ]=-

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinions guys, and thanks for helping me make my decisions... I'm gonna go for it and put the tubes in when I do my retrofit!!

nexTOme

Reaction score
Thanks for your opinions guys, and thanks for helping me make my decisions... I'm gonna go for it and put the tubes in when I do my retrofit!!

GL with everything...

im looking into puttingn some LED's tho....

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I put some LEDs into my parking sockets from superbrightleds.com. Be careful what you buy there!

I was kind of disappointed with the ones I purchased (6-led cluster) for the interior map lights, they were dim.

For my license plate and parking lights I bought a white colored led with 4 at angles and a luxeon in the middle i guess, and that's much brighter. Works well in both license plate light and parking lights.

Of course these are incomprable in output to CCFLs, which is why I want to upgrade.

I also bought a blacklight festoon bulb for my dome light, with 4 LEDs, and that was a total disappointment. If you buy a blacklight, get one with a million LEDs or there will be practically no output. Looks cool though especially reflecting on white surfaces, but even then you have to bring them up close. BAD.

nexTOme

Reaction score
i just want to have an accent light under my retro, making my retro stand out much....

thats all i want...but maybe ill risk ccfl too :hide:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
On another note, Angelusnhc, I have a question for you since you have them installed:

Do I need to buy two transformers, one for each parking light?
Or can I connect both CCFL's to one transformer..

Oznium.com says that each white wire is 11" long and they do not recommend extending it, however past the transformer, the red/black wires CAN be extended to preference. Will the white wires from the CCFLs be enough to reach 1 transformer from both parking lights?

Thanks!

angelusnhc

Reaction score
On another note, Angelusnhc, I have a question for you since you have them installed:

Do I need to buy two transformers, one for each parking light?
Or can I connect both CCFL's to one transformer..

Oznium.com says that each white wire is 11" long and they do not recommend extending it, however past the transformer, the red/black wires CAN be extended to preference. Will the white wires from the CCFLs be enough to reach 1 transformer from both parking lights?

Thanks!

you need on transfermore for each light. but each transformer can hold 2 lights. so if you wanted you can do accent lights else where. also the red and black wire can be extended but i wouldnt recommend the white wire.

6genaccord

Reaction score
Is it safe to just highjack the power out of the OEM harness by retrofitting the bulb socket to be a plug (buying an extra set of them and doing what's necessary)?

Then just have the wire from the plug go to the transformer to the CCFL tube inside the light?

srikid

Reaction score
I just installed these yesterday while doing my retrofit.

Retrofit057.jpg

Retrofit046.jpg

There are LED strips from Oznium.com. I was gonna do the CCFL tubes but I didnt want anything catching on fire or blowing up so i went with these.

Back