Time for some bodywork!

accordlover

Reaction score
Ok.

So my 99 Accord EX-L is heathermist metallic. The previous owner wrecked the front, and someone who may very well have been blind repaired the car.

They bondo'd both front fenders, then did what appears to be an at home paint job almost, on the drivers doors, fenders, and bumper cover. Somehow the hood got a good paintjob, tho. No clue. So now I'm looking to replace the following...

Both fenders.
Headlights
Bumper Cover
The drivers side fenderwell liner.
and the undercarriage cover that goes under the motor.
The chrome trim on the window sill part of the drivers door (oversprayed before)

That being said, my roof is fading, but thankfully the rest of the car has held up.

I know a lot of you guys have had your cars repainted. What is a fair price for an OEM quality paintjob once I take care of bodywork myself? Also, is it less expensive to only say.. paint the front clip and the roof? Or is it more labor/blending etc??? Not really sure how it all works.

I suppose sticking with the current color would be the least inexpensive. I'm really interested in the new Crystal Black Pearl that Honda is using... or Redondo Red Pearl, but with a 01-02 bumper if I go that route.

White too, maybe.

Here's what the car looks like as of now, if that helps.

LastRoll-05-2.jpg

LastRoll-03-1.jpg

Thanks, any comments are welcome. :)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
painting it with the same color reuires blending the old paint with the new paint, which is not easy.... most shops will say heather mist metallic is one of the most difficult color to blend becos of the metallic flakes in the paint...

also, y replace the headlights if they r still good? :thinking: just blacken them out and ur set :thumbsup: if u wanna replace the bumper to a 01-02, it's better to get the corresponding hood too... y u say? u can search and find out ;)

accordlover

Reaction score
painting it with the same color reuires blending the old paint with the new paint, which is not easy.... most shops will say heather mist metallic is one of the most difficult color to blend becos of the metallic flakes in the paint...

also, y replace the headlights if they r still good? :thinking: just blacken them out and ur set :thumbsup: if u wanna replace the bumper to a 01-02, it's better to get the corresponding hood too... y u say? u can search and find out ;)

The headlights look good from a distance. Up close they are peeling and have lots of pitting. They're also not as clear as they used to be.

I already had an estimate done to replace the fenders, bumper cover, rad support (its kind of bent), the door ding trim (some idiot painted over it, and now its peeling), and the chome trim that got paint on it, as well as repainting the black trim where the wipers are, and repainting the wiper arms black, as they have some overspray. The shop was going to repaint the entire front of the car, and the entire drivers side, and the roof. They wanted $4500.00

It's probably a fair price, but man that's some expensive stuff! I may just need to deal with it, if it's going to cost me a limb or two.

If I repainted the entire car, what are some of you guys paying for that???

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
ya i work on cars everyday. with fixing all that with paint, itl be be a good 3000$+

but i got my whole car painted base/clear for 800$,door jambs,trunk jambs then i painted it myself for $150..so just really all depends on where you take it to.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
OH BTW.............If you're looking for cheap, MAACO can do a HMM paint job for that car for about $850.

Had it done on the other 6thgen I sold a while back.

99v6sedan

Reaction score
^depends on which maaco you bring it to. they are all independently owned and operated. find a maaco certified collision center and have it done there.

accordlover

Reaction score
^depends on which maaco you bring it to. they are all independently owned and operated. find a maaco certified collision center and have it done there.

I had considered it.

Maybe I will go to a few different ones and ask to see examples of their work. That's the most important thing, to me.

Now that I think of it... I wouldn't be surprised if Maaco did this body work. Rofl.

dynasty

Reaction score
sucks for you guys but there's this guy who would do paintjobs for $300-$400 with a decent paint. only bad problem is, the front end will get chipped from the rocks. that's about it. my friend has his painted and he haven't had any fading, chipping, or anything. other than rock chips on his lip and scratches that people make. haha

Back