June/July ROTM winner "AFAccord"

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Congrats to Jason on the win!!! Was a really close race, but he pulled off the win.

_MG_5030editsmall.jpg

_MG_5012resizesmall.jpg

_MG_5016editsmall.jpg

• Older photos:

_MG_4313copycopy.jpg

_MG_5131.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2657-1.jpg

-Engine / Performance

* Swapped a fully rebuilt F23A1 to replace the stock F23A4 with 116k miles.

* Mild polished and milled F23 head

* P61 ECU (92 GS-R) chipped and street tuned on eCtune by Joseph Davis

* M2S4 5-speed transmission

* *NEW* Bisimoto Level 2 Camshaft[/b]

* PSpec short shifter

* AEM v1 cool air intake

* Action 1KS Clutch

* Evolution 9lb Flywheel

* 4-2-1 header with 2.5" collector mod

* Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust piping

* Vibrant 2.5" UltraQuiet Resonator

* Vibrant 2.5" Stealth Flat Black muffler

* Energy Suspension front and rear motor mount inserts

* Battery relocation to trunk

* Alterstart 180amp alternator

* H23 Intake Manifold - port matched to TB and runners, IABs removed**NEW**

* Skunk2 70mm Throttle body**NEW**

* JDM H22A Modified Fuel Rail**NEW**

* B18C1 Fuel Pressure Regulator**NEW**

* DIY F23 to H23 IM Adapter Plate**NEW**

-Suspension

* Eibach Sportline Springs

* Eibach Sport front and rear sway bars with poly bushings

* Wicked Tuning rear camber arms

* AFAccord's DIY boat look remedy

-Interior / ICE

* PSpec shifter boot and knob

* Pioneer in dash 6-disc DVD changer with integratedXM radio

* Pioneer in dash 15-band digital EQ

* Stinger Pro wires throughout

* Memphis Belle ACH-1300 5-channel Amp

* Massive Audio CK6 components up front

* Massive Audio TX69 rears

* Cerwin Vega HED 8" subs (2) in custom vented enclosure

* *NEW*Tuner View Dash Kit

-Cosmetic

* Mugen style front lip

* Kyowa Racing KR316 18" wheels, custom painted gold

* Kumho SPT Tires 225/40/18

* 20% tint all around

* DIY Tinted stock tail lights

* DIY Blackhousing headlights with Amber LEDs

* Retrofit TYC projectors into stock housing

* X5 HID Ballasts with 4300K bulbs​

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
1. Is this your first car?
This is my third car, and my third Accord. I started with my mother's '90 Accord 4dr LX, then bought a '99 Accord coupe my junior year of high school, totalled that going 120mph in March of '06, and finally my current coupe that I've had since September of '06.

2. How did you end up with the accord?
After totaling my last Accord by being stupid, I deployed to the AOR. I took every chance I could get to hop on the internet and search Auto Trader for another coupe. I knew I wanted a 98-00 model because the 01+ models had some subtle changes that I didn't like. I also wanted disc brakes, ABS, a sunroof and black leather for a little class so I was looking for an EX. Finally, the deal-breaker of it all was finding this loaded model with a 5-speed. I search for months, and found very very few available that matched everything I wanted. They would show up here and there, but always over 500 miles from home.

The day finally came that I was headed back to the US without an Accord to drive when I returned. I landed at my base around 5am where my parents came to meet me. My father had told me of a silver coupe on a small lot across the highway from the base. I shrugged it off thinking 'there's no way'.

After some rest, we took a drive into town. As we passed the dealership, I saw that it had EX alloys on it, and was a 4-lug, so on the way back we stopped to have a look. I walked up to it but couldn't see the interior because it was up on the ramp. I started jumping up and down to get a look, and damned if it didn't have a 5-speed knob on it. I had the sales man pull it down off the ramp, and took it for a test drive. I brought the car back to the lot with a check in hand, and that was that!

3. When did you first start modifying cars?
I had a flowmaster muffler and tip welded on to my '90 Accord, but looking back, that didn't count for anything. lol My 99 Accord is where it all started, probably around 2001.

4. Did you run into any problems along the way when you were modifying stuff?

I don't even think I need to explain this one... this car has been a love/hate relationship from the start.

5. What other mods do you have planned for the car?

I just wanted it faster. Then faster, then even faster...

6. What other mods do you have planned for the car?

I'm just going to complete what I've started with a valve train upgrade so I can rev it safely to tune, then I'm call it quits. At least for natural aspiration.

7. Any other cars you're tinkering with?

My dad and I finished up a 74 Vette restoration about a year ago. It's so much easier to find performance/replacement parts for that car than for the Accord. lol

8. What's your favorite thing about your car, specifically? Which money do you feel was your best investment?
I think my best financial investment so far was the OBD1 conversion. Aesthetically, it would have to be my PSPEC shifter, and for DIY projects, probably the gold wheels.

9. Is there anybody you would like to credit or thank for helping you along the way?
I need to thank Badger for the tips here and there that we've exchanged to get work on our never-ending projects, Ken and Shahid for the motivation to keep things going when I was ready to give up, and everyone at 6GA.com for their support and patience of everything I've done to this car.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Congratulations Jason! Well deserved, and coupe of ultimate cleanliness!

Can't wait to see the dyno after you finish the engine work.

I'm following right in your footsteps with the OBD1 conversion..

Back