Ok, started my led project, here are some pics

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Hey I know an odd question, but does anyone have any spare needles for the tachometer and fuel gauge? I screwed up mine and definitely don't want to have to buy a new gauge cluster just for the needles (already cleared off the filter from all the gauges and changed the bulbs so the needles is the only thing that looks bad right now)

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay for the guage im going to need 3 WLED-x5 LED Wedge Base Bulbs? Then i need 3 B8.5D? For the front light i need another 2 WLED-x5 LED? For the dome, can u tell me which bulb was the correct one please? Ty for ur help, i know im asking a lot of questions. =]

matty2013

Reaction score
Any chance of making a list of bulb sizes and quantity, for each type of bulb? I tried sort of using the bulbs on ledautomotive and checking on the installs exactly how many I need, and then matching them to the bulbs superbright leds and on top of that going with what I'm reading and the quantity's are confusing me.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
For the individual bulbs, not the wedge bulbs, just take apart the switches and count the lights. Or buy 5 at a time or something. I get asked how many you need all the time, and i don't remember, i'm sure others who have done a whole conversion forget too. In retrospect, i wish i made a list. Someone in the process should do it.

matty2013

Reaction score
Well then, I guess I'll take the initiative then and post what I bought when I buy it. Gonna try the local electronics store and see if they have any Wedge type bulbs, if not I'll get them on superbright LEDS, anyone know of any other places to buy?

atarikid07

Reaction score
Well then, I guess I'll take the initiative then and post what I bought when I buy it. Gonna try the local electronics store and see if they have any Wedge type bulbs, if not I'll get them on superbright LEDS, anyone know of any other places to buy?

Maybe you could try Radioshack? Let us know if you get them and where and whatnot!

talontsiawd

Reaction score

I don't think you can get wedge bulbs at any electronics stores i know of. It's pretty much online only. I have on occation seen them at automotive stores but not enough to be reliable.

For the 3mm bulbs, if you have a Fry's electronics, they make good 3mm bulbs. Radioshack doesn't carry 3mm bulbs except in red, green and orange i believe. 5mm bulbs usually just barely fit on most cars but wouldn't press in on my honda. It's unfortunate because if you are hard wiring, 5mm makes it alot easier. If you are using the stock bulb holder however, 3mm is what you need, no way 5mm will fit at all.

nomocars23

Reaction score
good mod man i wish i had the time and paitents to do this ... idd probally **** somethin up ya know... and plus i would be able to mod the hvac the same *** the cluster(no way im going to solder anything on my car .. cause if i **** up ... il;l never head the end of it from my 'rents)

good job bro

Back