Ok, started my led project, here are some pics

talontsiawd

Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
question. on the full center dash (climate control, jog wheel of the CC, EVERYTHING). how many LEDs did you used?
4. And then add one for the red defroster.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
shavedaccord said:
Yeah I just done the cluster for now sooner or later I will make my way to the rest..still debating I might mix in some red on the cluster.
I think i might "front light" my cluster red. Not sure yet. It would look good on both blue and white.

dynasty

Reaction score
i guess i would be the first to use UV on my CC. wish me luck! HAHA.

blindside

Reaction score
Looking good with those gauges, i wish i have the time to do my center dash.. anyway here is what i did to mine before then i got bored so i bought me some glow gauges

DSCN0571.jpg

3d187380.jpg

dynasty

Reaction score
wow that is bright. HAHA. i like how that cluster piece shines around the circle.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ok, i was trying to deal with needles, wasn't successful, i have another thread on that :mad: . But i decided to deal with some other things.

First the odometer had a huge hot spot. I forgot to take a before pic but it was bad.

Anyway, i was thinking that sucks, i'm sure they don't make a white diffuser. Well, i was using some paper, hit me-white diffuser :D

difussorbh7.jpg

Much better, pretty much perfect. It looks a bit more purple/reddish in the picture. That's not from the paper. The led i used just is a bit off color wise. So it actually worked really well, i just need to replace that led

difussordonenr4.jpg

Now, the second problem. My redline was very orange. I didn't like that much. It also had a huge hot spot

orangeml1.jpg

I was messing with some tailight tape i had for needles, thought, hey, this might work. So i carefully cut it to size. Well sort of carefully.

tapeei8.jpg

Now it is a nice red. There is still a bit of a hotspot, which is going to be very hard to get rid of. There is a bulb right under it. But there is far less dramatic change in color. Not perfect but defineatly an improvement.

redgf0.jpg

So once i get the needles worked out, i'm done with the gauges. My next plan is to finish up the cruise control, do the sunroof and window switch.

Then, i might add an led for each button on the HVAC. Not really necessary but the first leds i bought were too purplish. Light distribution is pretty good, that will make it perfect.

I'm sure you gus are getting sick of this.

champaned_out

Reaction score
hey talontsiawd i had a quick question.. what size bulbs are the bulbs that shine light from the top of the cluster? are they 74 wedge bulbs?
i removed them because i did the red led conversion and the piss yellow oem bulb was ruining the output of the red leds..
im thinking about putting in the blue leds like your setup and see how that looks with my red gauge cluster

talontsiawd

Reaction score
champaned_out said:
hey talontsiawd i had a quick question.. what size bulbs are the bulbs that shine light from the top of the cluster? are they 74 wedge bulbs?
i removed them because i did the red led conversion and the piss yellow oem bulb was ruining the output of the red leds..
im thinking about putting in the blue leds like your setup and see how that looks with my red gauge cluster
Yeah, they are 74. But you have to hardwire one. THe top of the cluster does not get power on it's own. It gets power from one of the 194 wedge bulbs. So there is some wiring, very simple though.

champaned_out

Reaction score
ic.. so its not as easy as replacing the oem bulb and putting in the new led?
care to explain how to do the wiring if you have time? thanks
right now those two bulbs that light up the cluster from the top are blank.. which means they dont serve me any purpose right now since i took out the bulbs

Back