NEW!!! Function & Form TypeTwo.5 w/Eibach ERS Springs

swollen_cu

Reaction score
would anyone say that 14/10 is harsh or just really nice and stiff? im really debating between that or 12/8 or 12/10. anyone have any insight that could help me decide?

I have 12/6 on my Type 1s and I'd consider them not stiff at all. It's mainly because the valving of these coils isnt that great, but its decent.

If I could, Id go 14/10

NASOHC

Reaction score
I have 12/6 on my Type 1s and I'd consider them not stiff at all. It's mainly because the valving of these coils isnt that great, but its decent.

If I could, Id go 14/10

You're not considering the difference of an ERS spring vs. the standard coil springs on regular Type One & Type Two. The valving behind a Type one is designed to be comfortable. If you were looking for a more aggressive ride option, you should of invested in type Two's and you wouldn't feel the same. I regular Type Two's as mentioned - everyone who rides in my car feels they're way stiff; a lot stiffer than stock without a doubt.

The 12/8 ERS will feel slightly stiffer due to the technology behind Eibach and still fine for daily driven cars (read first page please with ERS info). Unless you're looking to do some very, very spirited or track driving, go with 14/10 ERS option on Two.5's. (only reason I'm upgrading springs myself)

Again, I hope this helps. :peace:

JayStuff

Reaction score
Unless you're looking to do some very, very spirited or track driving, go with 14/10 ERS option on Two.5's. (only reason I'm upgrading springs myself)

sorry for not understanding but are you trying to say the 14/10 should be reserved for super spirited driving or track applications as opposed to 12/8 which is a tad less stiff but still stiff enough?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
NASOHC said:
You're not considering the difference of an ERS spring vs. the standard coil springs on regular Type One & Type Two. The valving behind a Type one is designed to be comfortable. If you were looking for a more aggressive ride option, you should of invested in type Two's and you wouldn't feel the same. I regular Type Two's as mentioned - everyone who rides in my car feels they're way stiff; a lot stiffer than stock without a doubt.

The 12/8 ERS will feel slightly stiffer due to the technology behind Eibach and still fine for daily driven cars (read first page please with ERS info). Unless you're looking to do some very, very spirited or track driving, go with 14/10 ERS option on Two.5's. (only reason I'm upgrading springs myself)

Again, I hope this helps. :peace:

Another reason for me to purchase the 8k for the rear! Haha.

Thanks for clearing that up Ken!

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
sorry for not understanding but are you trying to say the 14/10 should be reserved for super spirited driving or track applications as opposed to 12/8 which is a tad less stiff but still stiff enough?

Yes. That's what he was trying to say.

JayStuff

Reaction score
I think I'm going to sometime this week.... Hopefully. I just need to get a check from an old job I did and when I get it, bang.

NASOHC

Reaction score
so nobody has picked a set of these up yet? :tumbleweed:

Yes. That's what he was trying to say.

I think I'm going to sometime this week.... Hopefully. I just need to get a check from an old job I did and when I get it, bang.

Hey fellas, I'm back from my AZ trip and I got more inquiries about these TypeTwo.5 and standard kits more than ever before... wonder why? :)

Anywho, I got the ERS spring kit on my car already, much more race feel on harder cornering (less load feel) and a bit more firmness on the road while cruising. Overall, depending on the dampening setting you use, you may not ever notice much difference. I did mainly because I upgraded spring rate so, hard not to tell. All I need now is a cage and ready for some auto cross action!

Hit me up for those who are ready, I'm looking to pick up a few more sets this week again. Thanks again guys!

JayStuff

Reaction score
just bought mine earlier today. ill defiantly post a review later on but for now I must wait.

Back