Honest opinion on DC Sports headers

DfeAt01

Reaction score
Does anyone out there actually HAVE these installed in their car? I mean I've heard people say their expensive and they break easily but do any of you who say that actually have them or your just talking about what you've heard from mouth of mouth? I have a buddy who said he had these on his EVO and he liked them but upgraded to some titanium ones. Whatever the case may be im stationed in California right now but my car has a Florida registation. I smogged my car once to get my new base stickers. Now I know california is all liberal about this CARB bulls*** but that doesn't apply to me because I'm not registered here. So if you guys say that DC Sports sucks and their not worth $300 then what would you suggest? What brand and finish would you recommend and do you currently have or did you have those installed? Let me know. So far I found some DC Sports for $305.

SC2JZ300

Banned
Reaction score
If your a baller than go ahead and get custom headers, but if money is an issue DC sports header dont gain much on its own, but its not like they break easily etc. But if your looking for power, just go ahead and get a turbo kit.

lashlee

Reaction score
I've had a ceramic tri y installed since april 99, and about a year ago noticed it cracking at the 4-2 flange. I don't think it has a warranty anymore, and I'll probably replace it once it completely breaks. When I installed it, I put on a DAC short ram, and a Greddy SP exhaust. It seems to open things up, though I put all three on at the same time.

truonghthe

Reaction score
DC seem good to me because my buddy had them installed in his civic since fresman in HS to now and it still running good.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i have DC Sports Ceramic 4-2-1 header
they are perfect. no excess heat in the engine bay which is good if you are running an SRI.
no cracking after 2 years.
no leaks
NOTHING.
one time i drive up a incline that was puddled and the header steamed off in there...BIG NO NO..
checked it next day, no crack, next week, no crack.

i wouldn't do it again (go up an incline with a puddle in it), but DC material holds up pretty good.

white beauty

Reaction score
im running the ceramic header from dc sports, and so far so good, no cracks, no leaks for about a year now. the only thing i really dont like but is expected is the fact that after a year of use(abuse) that nice ceramic bright grey color is turning an ugly dark grey. whatever tho still a very good header

DfeAt01

Reaction score
So it sounds like 6 out of the 8 of you would recommend DC Sports. If I get another 2-3 more people who would agree that these are good I might go out and buy them. I can get them for $305 from performancecenter.com. Cheapest price I've seen so far unless someone can tell me I'm wrong. FallenAngelHIM and Whitebeauty where in Miami are you from? I lived in Miami up until I joined the military. North Miami Beach area. I'll be down in Miami in 2 months again.

Back