New member from NC

ryannel2003

Reaction score
Hey guys hows it going? I'm Ryan and just joined here. I've owned my 6th Gen for 5 months now... a 2001 EX V6. Satin Silver Metallic. 247k miles. Most people find this next part hard to believe, but it has the original transmission. Yes, it's true! It shifts pretty good for a high mileage tranny too!

I've always loved the 6th Generation body style (though the 4th Gen is my all time favorite) and purchased this car back in March after my 2nd Cadillac starting having motor issues (because Northstar). I didn't want to buy this particular car because of the transmission issues I know they suffered and the body isn't in the best shape but the interior is immaculate and the motor ran strong so it bought it for $3600. So far I've replaced the lower ball joints, motor mounts and it's currently at the Honda dealership having the rear main seal and transmission mounts replaced. I work at the dealer here in New Bern, so labor is cheaper and they do good work.

Anyways, looking forward to getting to know you guys!

ryannel2003

Reaction score
Thanks guys! It would like I did get one of the good ones. When I bought the car I started reading more about it and some people recommended changing the fluid every 10k miles which is what I started doing. After the first change the transmission shifted so much better than it had before.

When I found out about the rear main seal leak I considered trading the car in on a new Civic but I prefer the way my car drives to pretty much any of the new Honda's. I do love the new Accord's, but this is a much more nimble feeling car than the new ones. Plus, it's paid for lol.

ryannel2003

Reaction score
Thanks guys! What part of the state are you from, Varnell? I'm all the way on the east side. About 45 minutes from the beach.

f20bcg3

Reaction score
Welcome, as stated above always good to see more NC members. Post pics and please use search bar thank you. Maybe us NC members can make a lil mini meet.

ryannel2003

Reaction score
Would post pics but still not past that 7 day limit... kinda wack.

Car was running great until I decided to spray the engine down tonight. Now #2 coil pack is dead and it's misfiring pretty badly. Gotta pick up new coil pack and 7/32 extension from Advance tomorrow. So glad they had those parts in stock... I'm sick of driving that Camry.

Oh and about the search... Definitely come in handy already. I'm a member of 10+ different car forums so I know the drill for sure lol.

Back