P72 and dyno tune

9450erick

Reaction score
i just bought a obd2 p72 ecu and was wondering if this computer is easy to tune. it is obd2 so im nt sure. this computer comes from a 96-00 OBD-2 Integra GSR.
i have never been to a dyno tune and im so excited im going on friday night. this is my 1st time and want to be prepared for everything to get the most hp and torque out of my car. its a virgin ecu straight from my friends gsr, he had an extra 1 for some reason and gave it to me cheap. lol my luck has been turning.
how should i get my car ready for those hard pulls and get the extra ponies hiding.
im pretty noob to this and it sucks lol
im running a I/H/E/P/no cat setup on a 99 4 door accord f23a4
i would appreciate any input
thanks everybody

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
i don't know about chrome or about tuning in general really but as far as using hondata, i believe it needs to get the ecu chipped to allow you to run a tune ... and a obd conversion harness as well

Last edited:

9450erick

Reaction score
yeah but this computer is obd2 just as our car
im just worried this computer isnt tunable because it is obd2

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Generally speaking..... you can't really chip / tune an OBD2 ECU
(although in saying that I have seen a Link Replacement board for an OBD2 ECU). You can get a piggy back type ECU that may allow you to adjust air, fuel & Vtec crossover (Perhaps an Apexi VAFC / NEO or the likes??)

P.S. If you find someone that can do a chip for an OBD2 ECU please let me know!!

9450erick

Reaction score
yes our cars our obd2B which really suck balls for tuners^ how are u tuned(tuned accord) pretty silly question you should be obd1 already:henry:
i ve been contacting every person i know and everybody says you have to be obd1 which im in the process of doing but need the last lil piece of the puzzle the ecu( damb p28 cost to dam much) getting a steal on this p72. glass ill def let you know if i find something for obd2 but for right now its not looking to good :sad:
can anybody help me out on prepping for dyno:boohoo:

GlassJAw

Reaction score
What mods on your engine Erick??
Are you goin turbo / whats the requirements of the ECU??
If you're just wanting to gain a few HP by adjusting the Air / Fuel mixtures why not go Apexi Neo / VAFC or the likes?

9450erick

Reaction score
howd you know i wanted to go turbo lol
yea that the plan, forced induction is the easies0t way to get the ponies going
right now im intake(ebay piping with matrix filter), headers(megan 4-2-1), greddy full cat back(single) and aem true pullys.
right now im just preping for turbo ob1 conversion all the works.
a still contimplating if h22a or k20 after i blow my motor lol(sound so wrong)
ill have evrything ready already.
do you know which makes more torque the h22a or the f23 when turboed

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Make a turbo G23 - best of both worlds!!
Would imagine Forced Induction would make the torque mate, its a well known fact in the Turbo B Series circles.
Do you know if the Intake plenum off an F22A (guessing they're OBD1??) fits the F23??
If it does, that could be the ticket to fixing the IACV problem you might face with an OBD1 Conversion. Surely there's plenty of OBD1 ECU's you can use??
Do the F23 Engines run IATB's?? (butterflies in the intake plenum)

9450erick

Reaction score
g23 has proven to be a hassle and a waste of money.i sounds good in theory but to make it work its extremely difficult.
it actually does swap right over but there is a simpler solution to the iacv issue
u just have to ground the signal wire and tune it out. not worried about that
hold on let me check on the butterfly thing lol

Back