P72 and dyno tune

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Interesting solution you have on the IACV problem, have you got some info on this..... I'm kinda keen on running my Euro R on OBD1 and possibly adding in a SC14 Supercharger.

9450erick

Reaction score
do u mean individual throttle bodies
im not getting anything on butterflies in the intake plenum

9450erick

Reaction score
yeah actually its pretty esay going obd1 just need to have a lil cash. you can find a lot of info on here and funny fights between noobs and senior member about this topic.
the one who gave me the idea to ground that was afa accord and he talks about on his thread to the obd1 conversion.
i can help you out there, my friends have a lot of h22 in thier cars and can tel you what you need to purchase to go obd1(they just dont ever tell me how much hp thier making) sucks when i think im faster them them a they smoke the crap out of me lol

GlassJAw

Reaction score
here's the IAB off an H22A (mine dont have them being a single runner intake)

iab-parts-diagram-1.gif

iab-vacuum-diagram-1.gif

sleepy cg3

Reaction score
i dont want to sound rude by dropping in, but i converted my car to OBD1 and dropped a h23vtec.... if your gonna run that p72, first your gonna need a jumper harness from OBD2B-OBD2A, next crome is good, however those chips tend to need to be on it, cuz from what i hear it need to be reprogrammed.... im running a hondata s300 on a p28.... love it, recommend it to anyone, it saves hassles going to tuners, because you can do it yourself at home, change anything, adjust, etc....

sleepy cg3

Reaction score
as far as motor... i'd say stay with your f23 anc build the **** out of it... aint nothin like having your original motor and knowing the fact that you know wat youve done to your motor in the past, where as taking a risk buying motors from anywhere (especially jdm motor shops).... but its totally up to you... i did my swap, love it, but i honestly wished i kept my original engine.... im currently pulling 231hp 203tq on a h22 head/ h23 block.... best of luck

GlassJAw

Reaction score
If you see the diagrams I posted above you can see that there are butterflies that control airflow into the engine (kinda like throttle bodies) but there's also a set of runners that dont have the butterflies (Dual runners)
Euro R has a Single Runner style intake much like that off an Integra Type R or Civic Type R

Here's a picture for reference: (thanks Roskoracing!! :thumbsup: )

modified_manifold.jpg

9450erick

Reaction score
yeah i know
but i still dont know if a p72 obd2 is tunable or can even be chipped. would you happen to know
hondata s300 dame ur ballin lol. i would go with that system but to much money.
it like a 1000 dollars and for right now i dont need it anyways.
im just going with chrome(offer it in dyno) and dyno tune for right now.
so basically is the s300 a stand alone ecu where u can do what ever u want at anytime

GlassJAw

Reaction score
however those chips tend to need to be on it, cuz from what i hear it need to be reprogrammed....

Can you please eleaborate a little on what you mean by "need to be on it" and the need to be reprogrammed??
(not being an A$$ here BTW just Im intrigued)

All my mates whom have done the Crome chip route, road tune their cars at first with a wide band o2 sensor and get a dyno tuner to clean up the maps a bit and squeeze out a couple more hp.

im running a hondata s300 on a p28.... love it, recommend it to anyone, it saves hassles going to tuners, because you can do it yourself at home, change anything, adjust, etc....

I would recommend Hondata S300 over pretty much everything else too..... but if you're on a tight budget crome will suffice!!

Have a look here Erick..... seems that it's either OBD0 or OBD1 that you can chip..... http://www.xenocron.com/ecus-c-24.html

Last edited:
Back