P72 and dyno tune

9450erick

Reaction score
Can you please eleaborate a little on what you mean by "need to be on it" and the need to be reprogrammed??
(not being an A$$ here BTW just Im intrigued)

All my mates whom have done the Crome chip route, road tune their cars at first with a wide band o2 sensor and get a dyno tuner to clean up the maps a bit and squeeze out a couple more hp.

I would recommend Hondata S300 over pretty much everything else too..... but if you're on a tight budget crome will suffice!!

Have a look here Erick..... seems that it's either OBD0 or OBD1 that you can chip..... http://www.xenocron.com/ecus-c-24.html
i think what he means when he said need to be on it is that when you get ecu a program needs to be installed(not true) prior to running it on your car and reprogramming mean thats you need to reprogram the program that was already there to work with ur car
correct me if im wrong
crome is suffice with me lol
obd0 ecu arent that good either. i think its because it has to little features to tune and obd2 has to many feature to tune(obd1 is perfect right in the middle lol)
and i found a dual runner intake manifold off a gsr but i still have no clue what butterflies ur talkin about. srry but heres a pic
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray...y5=INTAKE+MANIFOLD+(2)&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

Last edited:

sleepy cg3

Reaction score
sorry... i was getting ready for work.... but what i meant to say about crome is.... welll where do i begin... i live in NY, and my brother was running the crome setup on his obd1 ecu.... as the seasons change the ecu needed to be checked up on, the littlest mod can throw off the ecu the way its programmed.... as far as hondata s300.... i bought mine for 550 with the ecu... out here we get great deals... i been using hondata since the s100 (omg wat times)... you can do major changes like eliminating o2 sensors to deleting the egr.... to minor things like program the ecu to shoot nitrous at 4k rpm (ive seen it done)...

sleepy cg3

Reaction score
im my h setup... hondata's cd shows you how to remove anything you dont want... i think majority of the guys who went to the meet in ny/nj on may 29th witnessed me open vtec at 5k.... i eliminated the o2 sensors, egr, cat, made vtec crack at 5k and 2step at 5800, i can redline at 9k!!!!!and best of all, the hondata can go to any car with any setup.... example.... im running h23vtec, if i want to put in your f23, you tell me wat you want to keep or removed and you can use my ecu....

Drift

Reaction score
im my h setup... hondata's cd shows you how to remove anything you dont want... i think majority of the guys who went to the meet in ny/nj on may 29th witnessed me open vtec at 5k.... i eliminated the o2 sensors, egr, cat, made vtec crack at 5k and 2step at 5800, i can redline at 9k!!!!!and best of all, the hondata can go to any car with any setup.... example.... im running h23vtec, if i want to put in your f23, you tell me wat you want to keep or removed and you can use my ecu....

You can do all that in crome too. The issue with Crome these days is that you cant data log with it any more. I've been using Crome for about 6 years now with no issues. There is no need for small corrections due to weather or temperature when the tune is good. (And living in New England, I see just a brought spectrum of weather.

We dont tune any turbo or big NA builds on Crome anymore, we only use Hondata for those simply for its datalogging abilities.

Considering this is what I do for work, I have a lot of insight, but I think the thread is dying.

9450erick

Reaction score
so would i be able to tune with this obd2 computer????!!!!
or should i just get p28
russian red was talking about unpgrading to a p72 and thats why i bough this computer

Drift

Reaction score
so would i be able to tune with this obd2 computer????!!!!
or should i just get p28
russian red was talking about unpgrading to a p72 and thats why i bough this computer

That computer you bought is useless unless you have an integra. You can't tune with it.

A p72 is nice because you can retain your knock sensor. That being said, the Honda knock sensors suck balls, so that doesn't really help you all that much. If you had IAB's in your intake manifold like the GSR or H22, the p72 is nice because it can drive those too. But, again, in your case, its not going to do you much good.

Get an OBDI p72 or p28 or P75 (with a VTEC conversion) and you can tune with that.

Better yet, just check out www.Xenocron.com and get an ECU from Chris. He's a good guy.

sleepy cg3

Reaction score
the thread is not dying.... the guy is simply trying to find the right info before he makes a mistake.... i went thru this road.... listen to drift since he does for work....

9450erick

Reaction score
i was looking at that website but id rather get a virgin p28 and chip that more cost effective lol
thanks drift
hondata is the way to go for turbo builds then ima have to save up.
russian red mind chiming in
sleepy when ever you plan on selling ur ecu setup let me no lol
thanx for all the help
so what can i do to prepare my baby for a dyno run?

Last edited:

Drift

Reaction score
i was looking at that website but id rather get a virgin p28 and chip that more cost effective lol

Not at this rate! lol

thanks drift

No sweat. ;)

so what can i do to prepare my baby for a dyno run?

Make sure there are no leaks, fluids or vacuum. Make sure that there is plenty of oil and coolant. Make sure you have decent tires on there with even tire pressure. Make sure there are no bare wires or sh!tty wire crimps that will cause your tuner problems. Its really just common sense stuff. Just dont leave the tuner any surprises later for him to figure out. And dont ever expect a tuner to try to tune around a mechanical issue. Its not fair to him and it probably wont ever work right.

Back