High Mileage 6th Gens

skabone

Reaction score
185K now and she's hurting. the clutch just went out and I no longer have any play at all. I'm pretty sure its the master cylinder. I need to ditch the accord soon. the maintaince is starting to add up.

jccg5

Reaction score
185K now and she's hurting. the clutch just went out and I no longer have any play at all. I'm pretty sure its the master cylinder. I need to ditch the accord soon. the maintaince is starting to add up.

ditch the accord ??? sell it ??? oh come on...u on your fourth engine why not fifth..and im on 2001 with 41,852

honda_dude

Reaction score
i got a 98 AV6 with 110,000 miles...what should i have done or should i change?

skabone

Reaction score
ditch the accord ??? sell it ??? oh come on...u on your fourth engine why not fifth..and im on 2001 with 41,852
I'm getting it repaired, I just got it towed to Firestone. I get a discount with them. I just need the accord to run another few months, I'm hoping for the company car to come thru and then I won't need to drive the accord much and can bust it out on the weekends.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
so, u fixing the head gasket then jeff??

gl with tht man.... and i know how u feel abt the clutch... mine is making grinding sounds, so yeah... :coffee:

skabone

Reaction score
so, u fixing the head gasket then jeff??

gl with tht man.... and i know how u feel abt the clutch... mine is making grinding sounds, so yeah... :coffee:
well I'm not so sure its a head gasket. the car was running hot a few weeks ago and it boiled up a little. I think there was an air bubble in the system and thats what caused it. I think the stealership is feeding me a line. I got the car back and the temp gauage is perfectly fine now. Of course after feeling the relief of possibly having to shell out all the cash for that, the clutch master cylinder goes out on me all in the same day. oh well, at least I got the car towed to the shop and they should be working on it. I'm hoping I'll have the car back on Friday, that would be nice. I just wish this all happened next week when I get my paycheck that I can use for anything and after the mortagage is paid. In the meantime its all going on the card. Never a dull moment for me. this is life>:darryl:<this is me taking it :)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
:lawl:

glad to hear everything is kinda working out... btw, how's schmiddy doing? tht dood is busy making his millions? :redface2:

skabone

Reaction score
:lawl:

glad to hear everything is kinda working out... btw, how's schmiddy doing? tht dood is busy making his millions? :redface2:
he's doing good, I just saw him today for a few minutes. His wife just had his kid. I'm going to see him in November again, he's got to do a few fillings for me.

Back