grinding

spydrflash02

Reaction score
im gettin this wicked grinding from my left from tire i cant see ne thing rubbing on ne thing buit when i swerve left to right really fast it corrects its self, also when i hit my breaks and almost come to a complete stop i hear like a ratteling in the same tire pleasssse help me:skurred:

Joepro

Reaction score
To check for a WB, lift that wheel off the ground. Then put your hands a 3 and 9 oclock then try and move the wheel and see if there is any play...if there is replace the bearing.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
To check for a WB, lift that wheel off the ground. Then put your hands a 3 and 9 oclock then try and move the wheel and see if there is any play...if there is replace the bearing.

not a valid check anymore, often there is no play. A slight nick in one roller or spot on the race will cause a wicked howl at 55mph. The trick in his case is that it 'corrects' when turning one way. There are 2 sets of rollers at an angle, one will be unloaded in a corner, so it won't make noise. What you could do to check, though, is to lift the wheel and spin the tire. Sick your ear right next to the middle, and spin it as fast as you can. Listen for a very faint tick corresponding to the wheels speed. Sometimes, there is no tick though, like if the bearing is nicked in the top of the race, because now only the bottom of the race is carrying weight.

Back