XS Power headers Vs Megan Headers V6

Joepro

Reaction score
Product: XS Power V6 headers
Price: 97 USD
Where: XS Power/SS Autochrome

SO here is the deal. There has been much controversy about XS power headers over at v6p in regards their quality against the Megan headers. I currently have Megan headers, but when I put on my Omnis, the Megan down pipe hangs too low...I do not have money to but a set of obx, dcs or other expensive brands, so I made the 97 dollar investment, so here it goes:

Well I got home from school today and my XS headers were there. They got them to me in 3 days.....so the service was good. If I was grading quality on packaging, XS wins...That thing was the Fort Knox of boxes....

Anyway, you get what you pay for. The Megans quality far out weighs that of these headers. The welds are not as wide, or clean, the manifold pipes are not all strait, and the gaskets and bolts are a joke.

Will they work, Im sure. Will they break, probably not. For 100 bucks, I do not think you can beat the value, but as for quality, its ehh. The down pipe seems ok, but the inside welds on the manifolds are shady.... They also fit fine.

Here is the final word. If you only have 100 dollars to spend on headers, get them, reuse old gaskets, and get new bolts.(either m10s, or 3/8s work)

If you are buying these headers as an alternative to the Megans, it is ill advised; unless you see yourself having a problem, like mine.

Joepro

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Good review, although I have heard there have been occasional fitment issues with the megan headers on the V6, not sure if it's a common problem.

jccg5

Reaction score
im planning get megan header and megan catback but dont know about the sound...must be loud

Joepro

Reaction score
Good review, although I have heard there have been occasional fitment issues with the megan headers on the V6, not sure if it's a common problem.

I think, to my knowledge, it was only the first batch they produced...mine fit fine.

One other thing I did notice now about the XS tho, the pipes are a little smaller diameter that them Megans....However, it did not seem to affect performance at all.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have the XS Power ones, different sound, as well as much better than stock, no problems/complaints with them, yet. We'll see over time.

Back