2002 accord 2 finger gap front 0 finger back

desiredkarma

Reaction score
basically i have tein street basis coil overs installed and the installer told me its in the lowest setting already. I have a 2 finger gap in the front and 0 in the back which seems quite odd to me but the car still seems leveled, how can i cover the front wheel gap? im already running in 18 inch rims with low profile tires.

Last edited:

guytv

Reaction score
basically i have tein street basis coil overs installed and the installer told me its in the lowest setting already. I have a 2 finger gap in the front and 0 in the back which seems quite odd to me but the car still seems leveled, how can i cover the front wheel gap? im already running in 18 inch rims with low profile tires.

2 finger gap is not that bad. That is what I have right now with my ff type 2. Any lower than that and I start scraping everything. Also, it is hard to maneuver in some places. Depending on where you live. Anyways, try driving the car around for awhile to see if it is driveable.:waytogo:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
You could do what I'm going to do today, remove the lower collar from the fronts. Tein does not recommend it but there have been many peeps who have done and had no issues. I can post pics later on if you would like.

desiredkarma

Reaction score
You could do what I'm going to do today, remove the lower collar from the fronts. Tein does not recommend it but there have been many peeps who have done and had no issues. I can post pics later on if you would like.

i was asking the mechanic to do that but he suggested not to, here is the pic of the car, would it even out if i raised the car from the back to match the front so 2 finger gap front 2 finger rear, right now i have 0 in the rear....

https ://s32.postimg.org/d70z442ol/DSC_0020.jpg

desiredkarma

Reaction score
also when i was looking at the front coilovers

i noticed the driver side has some thread left and the passenger side is maxed out....but the height still evens out also the dust boot on the driver is set properly but on the passenger side it seems like it came out of place is this going to be a problem?

https ://s32.postimg.org/fpgp53rz9/DSC_0026.jpg

https : //s32.postimg.org/5pz4b8r4l/DSC_0029.jpg

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Measure from the bottom of the fender to the ground on all 4 sides see how even they are I noticed mine were the same but the car looked level. Just remember they are fully adjustable so u could raise the back up so u have a little rake. Or remove the front collars it will drop you down .33 of an inch. You could try jacking it up and fixing the boot it's an easy fix u wanna keep dirt out of there.

desiredkarma

Reaction score
Measure from the bottom of the fender to the ground on all 4 sides see how even they are I noticed mine were the same but the car looked level. Just remember they are fully adjustable so u could raise the back up so u have a little rake. Or remove the front collars it will drop you down .33 of an inch. You could try jacking it up and fixing the boot it's an easy fix u wanna keep dirt out of there.

i did measure it the front driver and passenger is even the rear driver and passenger is also even, but the front is like 61mm and the rear is 57 mm it not a big difference i think it would make a big difference if i have people in the back or alot of stuff in the trunk for now i only have 2 10 inch subs with the box ofcourse. Im thinking about just lifting it up 2 match the front, but i dont get why is all my settings maxed out except for the front driver side which has some thread?

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it as long as the car sits level. Just bring the *** end up to match or even a little higher so it rakes like so..

In this pic I have 2 fingers in rear and 1 in front, when I removed the collar in the front I have no wheel gap.

I just drop the front down be removing the collars (not in this pic) now I'm brining the rear down a tad but gotta roll my fenders first.

phi1542

Reaction score
The rear always sits lower for some reason. If you have front and rear set the same the rear will be lower so you have to raise the rear to even it out.

Back