license plate rattle

dilltheswimr

Reaction score
i got this stuff a wal-mart its weather striping for doors basically foam with a sticky back.

100_1039.jpg

just put in on the back of your license plate around all the edges and through the center if you would like. and there you go no more license rattle

100_1041.jpg

i also got some of this and wrapped up all the trunk latch cables and tail light wires with it

[
100_1045.jpg

during this process i also sound deadened my trunk lid with great stuff and 3M rubberized undercoating spray but no need for my pics heres a link
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9359&highlight=trunk+rattle

heres another pic of my sound deadened lid
100_1047.jpg

Last edited:

TeeJ

Reaction score
Would something similar to this work for tail light rattle?

slow f23

Reaction score
your local circuit city or best buy sells a liscence plate peice to put behind the liscence plate to reduce rattle and noise. it works well!

98accordEX

Reaction score
i got this stuff a wal-mart its weather striping for doors basically foam with a sticky back.

100_1039.jpg

just put in on the back of your license plate around all the edges and through the center if you would like. and there you go no more license rattle

^^ I have used a similar product like this. Cheap easy fix to license plate rattle. Just isolate the plate from the metal of the car.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
your local circuit city or best buy sells a liscence plate peice to put behind the liscence plate to reduce rattle and noise. it works well!

why pay for an overpriced piece of rubber/foam???

you can buy that foam insulation crap cheap as fuk at wal-mart

Last edited:

dilltheswimr

Reaction score
why pay for an overpriced piece of rubber/foam???

you can buy that foam insulation crap cheap as fuk at wal-mart

yeah i paid less than 2 dollars for that roll and i had enough after the license plate to do one of the doors in my house

also the closest circuit city is over an hour away from were i live

Back