Any Bikers??

Messingerzt

Reaction score
im starting to bike on my fathers old bike, how much does it cost to have a bike, like, looked over and tuned up?

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
im starting to bike on my fathers old bike, how much does it cost to have a bike, like, looked over and tuned up?

really depends on the condition of the bike...at the shop i work at we have three different levels of tune ups...anywhere from a basic which is about 60 bucks labor plus parts...to complete overhaul which is i think 260 bucks in labor plus parts

i would def make sure the cables are good, tires are not rotting, and they are holding air...then the rest really depends on how much u want to spend

EDIT
few pics from today of the mtn bike...got it a tad dirty earlier this week...
bike001a.jpg

bike002a.jpg

bike012a.jpg

can't really tell in that last one but i went over the handle bars a few weeks ago...and they are really muddy now :( and it bent my front disc brake

Last edited:

Messingerzt

Reaction score
thanks for that advice! i got it tuned, gears adjusted, and everything. its a schwinn super le tour from around 1980. its sick. i love the bike even if it is outdated. whats the best (or decent.. as long as it lasts) kind of hadlebar grip tape to get? and wheres the best place to by it online?

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
how did the tune help?? i am not sure what would be the best tape and where...i just got some 15 buck bontrager tape at the shop i work at...nothing fancy...i would personally just go to a local bike shop and ask what their preferences are...u won't save that much money online...and in person u will get to feel them to see if u like it

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
tape is tape, use it and abuse it

i'm out because of the surgery but i'm planning to start overhauling the road bike i bought into a fixie and transplanting the gears onto my pegeot

there will be awesomeness

Messingerzt

Reaction score
how did the tune help?? i am not sure what would be the best tape and where...i just got some 15 buck bontrager tape at the shop i work at...nothing fancy...i would personally just go to a local bike shop and ask what their preferences are...u won't save that much money online...and in person u will get to feel them to see if u like it

yah im going to buy some red bontrager. i had the shop order me some. i talked to them, felt it, and yah. tape is tape. i just applied for a job at a bike shop! fingers crossed i could get a position.

Back