Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune....

If you get your car tuned using straight meth, you can not use windshield fluid. Even more so if you are mixing it up.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Right if it is straight meth but for example like a boost juice using meth injection or some additive, you can add it to it in a bind....

If using straight meth, and add windshield fluid... oh boy that will mess EVERYTHING up. lol.

Was super busy at work so did not get to run home for my tools to replace the sensor. Will do it tomorrow however. Prob switch to E85 this weekend also, and alter my tune to compensate to be able to drive around without boost until the tune again.

9450erick

Reaction score

ur so close man. i wanna see the underdog(f23) put out some big #'s:D

hotaccord243

Reaction score

I am really really close. Tonight i'll be replacing the coolant sensor, and verifying that the cluster and AEM are corresponding together and if i have to re-wire some things.... This explains why the tune has been overcompensating with fuel and running rich. The AEM is reading wrong coolant temps... Hopefully fix that tonight.

Then all i have to do is run out of gas.... seems easy enough right? :run:

I'm gonna try to shoot big this time... but we'll see. If i'm not happy with the final outcome, i'll swap turbos over winter and go bigger next season lol.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Got the bolts tightened down real tight.

Almost out of gas too!

Replaced the ECT gauge sender and it fixed the ADD gauge on the cluster... but the AEM still doesn't read the coolant temp. Still reads at -9*F.... fuuuuu....

Well, here's the thing when i replaced the sender unit, i noticed that the one next to it (ECT sensor) is not only not connected... but the plastic sh** is snapped off.... and the two prongs are bent to all he**... I think that's the culprit. I am going to go pick one up from carquest tomorrow in lieu of trying to bend it to make it work.... and try that and see if that does it. I think that must have been missed when I did the transmission, snapped it off and never plugged in. Explains why i was not only running rich, but also the EMS overcompensating constantly for the cold coolant temperature.

Any thoughts?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

sounds like a good suspect. I say replace it and hope it works. worse thing that happens is it doesn't work and even then you didn't waste any money on something you didn't need since you said its broken.

Drift

Reaction score

What size injectors are you using for the E85? Im not sure a 255 will be enough for this setup. You may want to look into a Bosch 044 inline pump also.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

x5carl3tMurd3rx said:
sounds like a good suspect. I say replace it and hope it works. worse thing that happens is it doesn't work and even then you didn't waste any money on something you didn't need since you said its broken.
I have bought the part yesterday. Since i'm almost out of gas, i will be running around using the remainder of the gas, and using the last bit to go to my house where i will be doing the switch replacement Saturday along with changing out the gas then too. Hopefully this fixes it. If it doesn't I will have to do some direct wiring i suppose. Either way i needed it so it's not money wasted.

I was looking at wiring diagrams and it appears to be a sensor directly wired into the harness and runs straight to the ecu. The sender unit adjacent to it runs to the cluster gauge. Anyone correct me if i'm wrong.....

Drift said:
What size injectors are you using for the E85? Im not sure a 255 will be enough for this setup. You may want to look into a Bosch 044 inline pump also.
1000cc Precision injectors. Shouldn't be a problem with the injector size.
The tuner said the 255lph Walbro should be able to hold for the power i'm looking for (He said roughly 500whp it is able to handle). If I want to go for more (which i will) I will have to upgrade the fuel system to accomodate anymore power....

Drift

Reaction score

Just know that e85 has 40% lower energy content that gasoline. So you have to go 40% larger than you normally would with petrol.

Back