DIY: Remove Oil Pan from V6

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Yeah, good call.

I was trying to see if I could find anything about the oil pan, but nothing came up.

It might not be beer, but will keep you posted since I haven't been down to VA in awhile!

:thumbup:
Yea thanks for looking out for extra information though and ohh yeaaa can we say bbq meet i got all the food ready and the perfect place to take great shots at too

Good write up, rep for u :thumbsup:

but damn ur rear bumper is dirty as faaaaak
thanks bro and lol haha you made me clean it today cause of that ill be takin some pics tonight and addin them to the members ride tomorrow
Jeez. I hope i4 oil pans aren't that complicated .. if I'm not mistaken, i have to remove the oil pan to tap it for an oil return line for boost ?
yea i heard the i4's are diff so youre in luck lol
Glad you got the car fixed up. You might want to add the part about draining the oil early in the DIY though, like at the top. Probably best to drain it before jacking up the car.
thanks and yea i thought it might have been common sense but yea i will add that to it thanks
looks like you need a skid plate down there. Great right up :D
lol sayy whattt but yea im gettin one made in the process from a bro that lurks on this site slammed that i took a pic of but thats no time soon I got a steering wheel to upgrade to 1st :147703263745b138a51

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It is common sense, but there will be people who will forget to drain the oil first. lol

Ironade

Reaction score
I am trying to get nuts off from an exhaust hanger, but it's pain in the ***. I don't think anyone tried to take hanger out of my car for 14 years. I only taken 2 out of 6 nuts off from manifold so far. I even use the WD-40 to loose a nut a little bit, but it doesn't helps. Any suggest?

Last edited:

619rcr

Reaction score
Nice. I do pans at work sometimes & they can be a pain even on a lift. I would never do one on the ground. But good on you for pulling it off.

619rcr

Reaction score
I am trying to get nuts off from an exhaust hanger, but it's pain in the ***. I don't think anyone tried to take hanger out of my car for 14 years. I only taken 2 out of 6 nuts off from manifold so far. I even use the WD-40 to loose a nut a little bit, but it doesn't helps. Any suggest?

Exhaust hanger nuts? Where? Use a 6point socket & a breaker bar.

Back