This noice Im hearing is loud

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Here are a couple pics and a video. Please help me determine if its the pump causing this madness. The pics are to show the fluid everywhere. And the video for the sound of what area its coming from. Not trying to have the belt pop on me :bs2:

_MG_1428.jpg

_MG_1427.jpg

001Stunna

Reaction score
Just a suggestion, why not try to remove the PS belt and run the car without it in idle and see if the noise keeps happening.

nexTOme

Reaction score
sounds similar to air in the PS system problem.
I had that problem on my 7GA, turn out, the O-ring that seals PS fluid hose to pump was poorly designed, failed after repeated temperature fluctuation. 7GA was notorious for this issue.

honda wanted to charge me $1,000+ for further inspection and replacement of the PS pump.
independent shop wanted to charge me $500 for rebuilding current pump.

i went to homedepot and bought a O-ring package (10 or 20 of them, cant remember exactly) and replaced it myself, and everything was good 2+ years.

ended up costing me less than $2.00 after tax.

hope this helps.

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Just a suggestion, why not try to remove the PS belt and run the car without it in idle and see if the noise keeps happening.
What about the leaking and spraying issue. But question. I can just remove the belt and have no issues.
sounds similar to air in the PS system problem.
I had that problem on my 7GA, turn out, the O-ring that seals PS fluid hose to pump was poorly designed, failed after repeated temperature fluctuation. 7GA was notorious for this issue.

honda wanted to charge me $1,000+ for further inspection and replacement of the PS pump.
independent shop wanted to charge me $500 for rebuilding current pump.

i went to homedepot and bought a O-ring package (10 or 20 of them, cant remember exactly) and replaced it myself, and everything was good 2+ years.

ended up costing me less than $2.00 after tax.

hope this helps.

Would an O-ring cause major leakage. And the wobbling of the pulley.

nexTOme

Reaction score
What about the leaking and spraying issue. But question. I can just remove the belt and have no issues.

Would an O-ring cause major leakage. And the wobbling of the pulley.

leakage probably, wobbling not sure.

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Thanks guys Ill let you guys know what was up tomorrow when I work on it and get a new pump and pulley and seals

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Problem fixed guys. Was the pump. Now just waiting to see if the fluid will stay in. It was a total PITA, especially since I have the V6 :badger:

Back