Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Garage > Engine & Transmission Mods

Engine & Transmission Mods Swaps, Turbo, Nitrous, bolt-ons, it all goes here

Register to remove these ads


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 02-06-2018, 10:24 AM
Student005's Avatar
Student005 Student005 is offline
Member
Points: 395, Level: 4 Points: 395, Level: 4 Points: 395, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Eau Gallie, FL
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0
Student005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coupe 5MT swap questions

Originally Posted by capsidx View Post
Thanks for confirming my suspicions lol


Okay cool so you were able to drill from inside the footwell or you did it from the engine bay? I imagine it would be a royal pain to do it from the cabin footwell.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-06-2018, 10:38 AM
BlkCurrantKord's Avatar
BlkCurrantKord BlkCurrantKord is offline
Senior Member


Points: 48,060, Level: 67 Points: 48,060, Level: 67 Points: 48,060, Level: 67
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Age: 35
Posts: 9,259
Rep Power: 120
BlkCurrantKord has their shit togetherBlkCurrantKord has their shit togetherBlkCurrantKord has their shit togetherBlkCurrantKord has their shit together
Send a message via AIM to BlkCurrantKord
Re: Coupe 5MT swap questions

Originally Posted by Student005 View Post
Okay cool so you were able to drill from inside the footwell or you did it from the engine bay? I imagine it would be a royal pain to do it from the cabin footwell.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Footwell. You can't get to it from the engine side. Get a drill bit and hole saw meant for metal.
__________________
Originally Posted by LoveLee
I would love a mushroom stamp after I pass the CPA
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-06-2018, 10:41 AM
capsidx's Avatar
capsidx capsidx is offline
Senior Member
Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 13
capsidx is somewhat reliable
Member Photo Albums
Re: Coupe 5MT swap questions

Did it from the cabin footwell. Layed in the most awkward position ever, turned on my back and use a punch, made a small hole and actually used a pair of wire cutters to cut out the hole. That wasnt easy but power tools can get you in trouble quick. So after I did that I smoothed it out with a drill bit. I didnt have access to the "proper tools" at the time. You can not get to the spot from the engine bay. Its basically between the shock tower and firewall. You can barely fit your hand in there let alone a drill. My advice? Take out the seat and make your life easier. Dont replace the brake pedal because its a ***** to get the top bolt back in. Instead remove the pad and cut the pedal down. Buy a generic manual clutch pedal pad and use it as a stencil. Other than that the rest is fairly easy. Just source the parts and be angry when you cut into the firewall. And follow the premade stamp in the firewall the best you can. If you have any other questions let me know. I did this swap a few times. I did my first on my accord.
__________________
F20b powered CG6
Frankenstein's thread

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-06-2018, 10:44 AM
Student005's Avatar
Student005 Student005 is offline
Member
Points: 395, Level: 4 Points: 395, Level: 4 Points: 395, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Eau Gallie, FL
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0
Student005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coupe 5MT swap questions

Originally Posted by BlkCurrantKord View Post
Footwell. You can't get to it from the engine side. Get a drill bit and hole saw meant for metal.


Okay perfect. All that mechanical stuff should be easy the difficulty, I presume, lies in the wiring. Did you have to do any wiring for cruise control? I know Iíll have to do stuff for the vss and stuff like that but I havenít read anything about the cruise control


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-06-2018, 10:49 AM
Student005's Avatar
Student005 Student005 is offline
Member
Points: 395, Level: 4 Points: 395, Level: 4 Points: 395, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Eau Gallie, FL
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0
Student005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coupe 5MT swap questions

Originally Posted by capsidx View Post
Did it from the cabin footwell. Layed in the most awkward position ever, turned on my back and use a punch, made a small hole and actually used a pair of wire cutters to cut out the hole. That wasnt easy but power tools can get you in trouble quick. So after I did that I smoothed it out with a drill bit. I didnt have access to the "proper tools" at the time. You can not get to the spot from the engine bay. Its basically between the shock tower and firewall. You can barely fit your hand in there let alone a drill. My advice? Take out the seat and make your life easier. Dont replace the brake pedal because its a ***** to get the top bolt back in. Instead remove the pad and cut the pedal down. Buy a generic manual clutch pedal pad and use it as a stencil. Other than that the rest is fairly easy. Just source the parts and be angry when you cut into the firewall. And follow the premade stamp in the firewall the best you can. If you have any other questions let me know. I did this swap a few times. I did my first on my accord.


Okay so youíre saying to leave my current brake and accelerator pedal and just add a clutch pedal? Because I believe the person Iím getting everything from has the whole assembly from whatever car they took it from. And okay Iíll be sure to ask if I have any more questions I appreciate all the help yíall.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-06-2018, 10:55 AM
capsidx's Avatar
capsidx capsidx is offline
Senior Member
Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 13
capsidx is somewhat reliable
Member Photo Albums
Re: Coupe 5MT swap questions

Trust me youll want to wizard wheel the brake pedal. It took me like 3 hours to get the brake pedal back on. You need to get the firewall nuts off first which is easy. There is a hidden one that attaches to the steering column that you can only get to with a $hit ton of extensions and a swivel socket.
__________________
F20b powered CG6
Frankenstein's thread

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-06-2018, 10:57 AM
BlkCurrantKord's Avatar
BlkCurrantKord BlkCurrantKord is offline
Senior Member


Points: 48,060, Level: 67 Points: 48,060, Level: 67 Points: 48,060, Level: 67
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Age: 35
Posts: 9,259
Rep Power: 120
BlkCurrantKord has their shit togetherBlkCurrantKord has their shit togetherBlkCurrantKord has their shit togetherBlkCurrantKord has their shit together
Send a message via AIM to BlkCurrantKord
Re: Coupe 5MT swap questions

Originally Posted by Student005 View Post
Okay perfect. All that mechanical stuff should be easy the difficulty, I presume, lies in the wiring. Did you have to do any wiring for cruise control? I know Iíll have to do stuff for the vss and stuff like that but I havenít read anything about the cruise control


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I deleted cruise control

Originally Posted by capsidx View Post
Trust me youll want to wizard wheel the brake pedal. It took me like 3 hours to get the brake pedal back on. You need to get the firewall nuts off first which is easy. There is a hidden one that attaches to the steering column that you can only get to with a $hit ton of extensions and a swivel socket.
I just swapped assemblies. Didn't think it was THAT bad.
__________________
Originally Posted by LoveLee
I would love a mushroom stamp after I pass the CPA
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-06-2018, 11:08 AM
capsidx's Avatar
capsidx capsidx is offline
Senior Member
Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 13
capsidx is somewhat reliable
Member Photo Albums
Re: Coupe 5MT swap questions

What did you use for the top bolt?
__________________
F20b powered CG6
Frankenstein's thread

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:01 PM
Student005's Avatar
Student005 Student005 is offline
Member
Points: 395, Level: 4 Points: 395, Level: 4 Points: 395, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Eau Gallie, FL
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0
Student005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coupe 5MT swap questions

Okay well Iím trying to make this as clean as possible so Iím probably gonna try to get the assembly on and off and if that doesnít work I have some power tools I can use to do the job. As far as cruise control goes I know my old EF that was manual swapped had a clutch switch (similar to brake switch) that had to have the cc wires into it or else if you hit the clutch in cc it would rev up because cc would hold the accelerator since it doesnít recognize the clutch. Which I can think of why one would hit the clutch while in cruise but hey 🤷🏻*♂️


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:04 PM
capsidx's Avatar
capsidx capsidx is offline
Senior Member
Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 13
capsidx is somewhat reliable
Member Photo Albums
Re: Coupe 5MT swap questions

You'll also need a manual ecu to get full revs which means you'll need the key that goes with it unless you plan on getting a chipped ecu.
__________________
F20b powered CG6
Frankenstein's thread

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!



Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3