DIY custom trunk strut bar....

F

frosty619

thats legit im dying to c the step
by step on it im definetly looking into doing this

JV6

Reaction score
My friend has a rear bar on his coupe that you can see from the back window right above the rear speakers, not in trunk though. He also has one that is connected right behind his front seats.

I kept the picture orignal size and i brighten up a bit more, I don't got good pictures of it but this best I can find to show an example if it helps for the coupe owners. I think this is pretty cool for a diy, I would like to do it one day also

m0rgx.jpg

x1wnl3.jpg

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

actually, coupes and sedans are the same in terms of rear strut towers being connected at the tops already. coupes can fit the c pillar bars though, via the seat belt bolts...theres nowhere on the sedans c pillars to make them work.

like i said, a cross brace across the trunk hole is the best you can do in terms of bracing the rear towers. but if youre getting a cage, then you really dont need to worry about that haha.​

Truth. That's what I was talking about - the frame connection is there on both coupe and sedan, but mounting area, as in visibility/location is different - coupes you can see because the strut towers are exposed, sedans you may not be able to see because the rear seat conceals it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There is a rear strut bar that is made for the CF4 that would probably work in our sedans, but that is about it.

Back