Mr. Cleanswap's 03 CL-S Engine & 6spd Swap -> 01 Accord EX V6 Auto

Brad2274

Reaction score
what sort of price would it be if the customer installed the cls motor and 6spd trans and just needed you to do wiring?

chilli

Reaction score
Hey guys, joined this site due to this awesome write-up, as I am STRONGLY considering this swap on my 98 coupe. Am a member of other sites (torontoaccords.com, v6p.net etc) so some of you may recognize the username and/or the ride.

Dont want to hijack this thread, so Ill likely be PMing some of you to pick your brain (hope that's ok)

With a thread like this one, how can I not want to join the fun and go 6-speed!!

Cheers

Last edited:

lowhonda

Reaction score
Lets say if you got a stock j30 with the 04 accord tranny how would i go about changing the engine to a manual engine with a cl-s harness???

Glennshock

Reaction score
Im starting these project. The clutch interlock switch two of them one in the bottom and top how did you wire that to 2001 accord automatic? Also do you need the acura cl interior harness or i can use all accord interior harness?

Ramzysv6

Reaction score
Hi, im new to this forum, I'm trying to do cl-s swap to my 02 accord, n I think I have everything so far, but I had one question, n I've been looking on all theses forums, but no one seems to talk about it so I don't know if it's an issue, but my question is, when u installed everything, did u have to reprogram the honda immobilizer to the cl-s ecu? Or did it just sart right up with out even having to mess with, I would really appreciate it if u can help me out, thanks

FNCONE

Reaction score
Hi, im new to this forum, I'm trying to do cl-s swap to my 02 accord, n I think I have everything so far, but I had one question, n I've been looking on all theses forums, but no one seems to talk about it so I don't know if it's an issue, but my question is, when u installed everything, did u have to reprogram the honda immobilizer to the cl-s ecu? Or did it just sart right up with out even having to mess with, I would really appreciate it if u can help me out, thanks

You will need to program the keys to the ECU, I asked the same question to Hguzman about programming , obviously it wont start because of the immobilizer. All you need to do is program the keys. You can keep your original keys and locks.
When i first got it swapped I ripped off the immobilizer, but I ordered a new ECU and had it programmed.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You will need to program the keys to the ECU, I asked the same question to Hguzman about programming , obviously it wont start because of the immobilizer. All you need to do is program the keys. You can keep your original keys and locks.
When i first got it swapped I ripped off the immobilizer, but I ordered a new ECU and had it programmed.

Going to be doing the same thing.

One Honda 'Stealership' here quoted me $300 to install and program, another quoted $108. Guess you know which one I will be going to......:thumbsup:

Ramzysv6

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate it, so how does that work, do I have to tow the car to the dealer ship, n have them program the keys to the cl-s ecu?

FNCONE

Reaction score
Yes or have a locksmith that can program keys come to you. Its becoming common as alot of cars have Immobilizers now, that's what i did its cheaper and they came to my house.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Going to be doing the same thing.

One Honda 'Stealership' here quoted me $300 to install and program, another quoted $108. Guess you know which one I will be going to......:thumbsup:

LOL that's right!!! keep that 200 in the BANK, it literally takes 5 minutes to program the keys.

Back