Spacemonkee's '00 AV6 4door (No 56K)

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, every time I walked up to my car I wanted to rip those chrome POS off the car. I got tired of picking up all the rice that would fall out of them, haha. I am much happier with the overall look. Now I don't feel embarrassed driving around with those abominations on it. Cant wait until I get the 18s on.

Speaking of abominations... Came across this gem in a parking lot... The sad thing is I had the same tail lights but in chrome:Boo:

4cyl Stock other than the (side skirts, rear bumper, wing and tails)
pOuv5yd.jpg

The stock muffler wasn't even visible because the rear bumper hung lower:lawl:
bwXIoC7.jpg

Front end (stock)
DYIJg8R.jpg

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
aaaand this is why you dont reuse the stock endlinks when upgrading to a 20mm TL rear sway...:Boo: I guess Ill drop the $$ for MOOG links.
pxivFL1.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Buy the Moog endlinks from Rock Auto, they have them for the cheapest price I've seen.

danielkkm

Reaction score
Looks super clean man! Can I ask what fog light switch you put in? I'm looking for an OEM fog switch to link up with my diy civic 01-03 fogs. I was going to get a civic 01-03 oem switch, but was wondering of any others might fit.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Thanks, got it from the Honda dealership, don't remember what part number. I'm pretty sure it was for the 6GA.

Last edited:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Well F***, I just got backed into in a parking lot today on my lunch break. Ugh, I guess its time to do the coupe front end? At least its purely cosmetic.

Oh and ZERO damage to the Ford Ranger rear bumper that tagged me...

lcHPAez.jpg

Bvql1eI.jpg

LZtSFh0.jpg

UhkH55v.jpg

1GOUNzX.jpg

Sad day. :whymewhyme:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Are all coupe hoods the same? For instance there is a 99 coupe in the JY that has a great hood but missing front bumper, and an 02 bumper off another with a missing hood.

Did the coupe hood change during the "restyling" on the coupe?

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
the coupes didn't really change too drastically for a swap. But since you're a sedan and not a coupe, you need the bumper as well otherwise you will be greeted with a nasty gap. Like seriously it's ugly as ******. So to answer your question, no, the coupe hoods didn't change that much but if you want to be a perfectionist, you should go with a bumper/hood from the same year (98-00 or 01-02).
Also, I just saw that you got hit so i'm sorry to hear that but hey, that's one hell of an excuse for the swap! :thumbsup:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
the coupes didn't really change too drastically for a swap. But since you're a sedan and not a coupe, you need the bumper as well otherwise you will be greeted with a nasty gap. Like seriously it's ugly as ******. So to answer your question, no, the coupe hoods didn't change that much but if you want to be a perfectionist, you should go with a bumper/hood from the same year (98-00 or 01-02).
Also, I just saw that you got hit so i'm sorry to hear that but hey, that's one hell of an excuse for the swap! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. I am going to wait until an 01-02 coupe comes into the JY, I'm not in a huge rush to get it done. I am friends with the person who backed into me so he will pay it whenever I get the work done :) which works out quite nicely.

For the time being I have done a quick fix to make it less of an eyesore. Mainly just wanted to get the line straight and have just a dent. Used a 2x4 and a hammer for the damage to the front then some good old tugging and prying by hand for the hood/fender level... Here are some before and after shots. Ill probably grab a hood bra to hide it a little better for the time being.

If I get a hood bra for this '00 sedan hood will it fit the 01-02 coupe hood in the future or are they completely different?

Before
Jl2KhIm.jpg

After
0x1wPnV.jpg

Before
WU1EC0s.jpg

After
jXhiwTX.jpg

Before
pLqMgXP.jpg

After
aQBEMCg.jpg