Howdy from Ct.

pete c

Reaction score
Just bought an '01 EX Coupe 5 speed, 4 cylinder.

Wasn't really looking for an Accord. I was actually looking for something in a hatchback/wagon as it would suit my needs best.

My needs are......

Comfortable highway cruiser
Better than 30 mpg highway
Plenty of room for tools/parts. This will be used for my field engineer job
Reliable

I considered G1 and 2 insights, CRZs, focus hatchbacks, Mazda 3s and a few others.

I drove a G1 Insight but I came to the conclusion that I might not be happy spending 0 hours in it in a day. Same applies with the G2 and fit.

I stumbled across this car on CL and decided to have a look. Here is the story on it.

Owned by a HS kid. He bought it about a year ago. It was in very nice stock shape, 101k. Paid 2700. He then did most of the typical maintenance along with a performance SS exhaust. he put over 2k into it.

Then a woman rear ended him. :(

Not really much of a hit, but it doesn't take much to total a 16 year old car. Here is a pic of the carnage.

Well, once I figure out how to post a pic, I will

Anyhow, he decided to sell it. I think he's nuts as it is an easy fix. Oh well, it's his money.

I got it for 1200 bucks, his full asking. Didn't have the heart to try to beat him down more. He's lost enough on it.

pete c

Reaction score
This was the CL add listing what was done.

Hard to find 2 door coupe-this car was recently in a rear end collision accident. The car required more work than the ins.co would pay for. The title is now a salvage(which I have) due to this incident. This is a car that can be repaired. It was driven home from the accident. I have all receipts for this car. It runs excellent. Interior is mint. Everything works. All original with the exception of bolt on add ons. Two sets of key fobs. Original manual.
Invidia Exhaust-Aug 16 $462.00
Magnaflow 22642 Cat Aug 16 $184.00
DC Sports Header HHC5018 Aug 16 $320.00 I have the stock manifold also
AISIN Timing Belt Kit May 16 $114.78
NGK Pro wires May 16 $50.44
Mevotech Stabilizer Kinks and Moog ST8552 Struts Aug 16 $ 236.14
Beck Fuel pump/Dorman fuel tank- 12/16 $310.22
Firestone Firehawk Tires-195/65/r15- Aug 16 $ 355.92
Interstate Battery Sept 16 $110.00
K&N Aircleaner Aug 16 $45

Connie

Reaction score
This was the CL add listing what was done.

Hard to find 2 door coupe-this car was recently in a rear end collision accident. The car required more work than the ins.co would pay for. The title is now a salvage(which I have) due to this incident. This is a car that can be repaired. It was driven home from the accident. I have all receipts for this car. It runs excellent. Interior is mint. Everything works. All original with the exception of bolt on add ons. Two sets of key fobs. Original manual.
Invidia Exhaust-Aug 16 $462.00
Magnaflow 22642 Cat Aug 16 $184.00
DC Sports Header HHC5018 Aug 16 $320.00 I have the stock manifold also
AISIN Timing Belt Kit May 16 $114.78
NGK Pro wires May 16 $50.44
Mevotech Stabilizer Kinks and Moog ST8552 Struts Aug 16 $ 236.14
Beck Fuel pump/Dorman fuel tank- 12/16 $310.22
Firestone Firehawk Tires-195/65/r15- Aug 16 $ 355.92
Interstate Battery Sept 16 $110.00
K&N Aircleaner Aug 16 $45

Wow, you got a killer deal! I'm sure it'll last you a very long time.

The posting of pictures rule is annoying, but what can ya do? I'd like to see some pics of it, too.

You need like 30 posts or something before you can post pics. Something about bots and spammers probably.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
The posting of pictures rule is annoying, but what can ya do? I'd like to see some pics of it, too.

You need like 30 posts or something before you can post pics. Something about bots and spammers probably.

it's not so much the pictures, it's hyperlinks. since there are links in pictures, you can't post them. new members aren't allowed to post any links for their first week, so pictures get included in there. i'm not sure about attaching a picture though, but that's more work than it's worth, in my opinion, so i'd rather just wait out the 7 days haha.

sounds like you got a good deal on the car, op. looking forward to the pictures once you're able to post them :thumbup: and welcome to 6ga!

Last edited:

pete c

Reaction score
Wow, you got a killer deal! I'm sure it'll last you a very long time.

The message I got is I have to be here a week. I wonder if it will let me PM them to you.

Connie

Reaction score
The message I got is I have to be here a week. I wonder if it will let me PM them to you.

Where do you have them uploaded?

If you have them on photobucket and set as public, I probably can, but I won't have time to do it until tomorrow at work...I'm heading home in 5 min and I would rather play with my dog and mess around in the shop than waste time on the internet, lol.

But if they are public just send me the BB code for the images and I'll copy and paste it in here for you.

Connie

Reaction score
hope this works

18425116_1693083237376418_4702241256786760444_n.jpg

18446915_1693056870712388_1123107682493913838_n.jpg

I can't believe the kid stopped driving it just because of that damage if that's the worst of it. People and their obsession with shiny stuff....it would have been such a shame to scrap that thing! Good save!

Last edited:

pete c

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. He put a lot of time and money into it. Maybe he decided that a 6GA wasn't his cup of tea and is taking this opportunity to go in a different direction. Oh well. His loss, my gain.

Back