seafoam problem

Levi

Reaction score
so i poured 1/3 into the pcv valve and let it sit for 15 min. i turned the car on and waited....nothing happened...so i took it out for a cruise around the block and no white smoke what so ever came out.

i came home, poured about 3/8ths more into the pcv vacuum hose, and 1/3 into the gas tank...waited 8 minutes, and took it out around the block and STILL NOTHING came out.

is there something i did wrong?

Levi

Reaction score
immediate bump cuz im afraid somethings gonna happen if i dont do anything soon........

or is my engine just that d@mn clean?

6genaccord

Reaction score
so i poured 1/3 into the pcv valve and let it sit for 15 min. i turned the car on and waited....nothing happened...so i took it out for a cruise around the block and no white smoke what so ever came out.

i came home, poured about 3/8ths more into the pcv vacuum hose, and 1/3 into the gas tank...waited 8 minutes, and took it out around the block and STILL NOTHING came out.

is there something i did wrong?

Poured it? The car was running and it sucked it up right? you didn't really 'pour' it in?

I've done it to a few cars... almost instantly my car started spewing white smoke... but with my buddies car we had to rev it for awhile in neutral till we got anything. Then again you said you did it to the pcv valve and the gas tank... I did mine to all 3 at once.

good luck man!

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
he poured it into the oil filler?....that sucks...could that damage the motor? i know your supposed to change ur oil after you do this anyway...but pouring in a non-oil liquid into the head can't be good...

if it were me...i would change my oil...then wait another 3000 miles until im about the change it again...then do the seafoam the right way...

njmodi

Reaction score
Actually some people use this to clear out deposits - i.e. add it to oil... like Auto-Rx - I think the treatments I've read
1/3 - gas tank
1/3 - intake manifold
1/3 - crank case

Oil change within a few days...

I've always just used it in the IM - let the car run - have it suck in through a brake booster vacuum and make sure car is running whole time... then once i've had it sucked in - stop the car - let it sit for 5-10 mins and then start it up and watch the smoke pour out... good way to find exhaust leaks too ;)

Levi

Reaction score
lol oil filter?

i let it suck it up in the vacuum hose where the pcv valve is at (j30 engine). i never did it through the brake booster though.

EDIT:: **** NO....i watched the diy video wrong....i could of sworn he did it through where the pcv valve is at...

Last edited:

njmodi

Reaction score
lol oil filter?

i let it suck it up in the vacuum hose where the pcv valve is at (j30 engine). i never did it through the brake booster though.

EDIT:: **** NO....i watched the diy video wrong....i could of sworn he did it through where the pcv valve is at...

Do an oil/filter change and don't sweat it.

Back