Front 6.5" Speaker installation (doors)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Yes. The screw hole was lined up and handle sat flush on the bracket. It seems that everything is in the right place but the wood trim just doesn't follow the contour of the door. I never looked at it as closely before so its possible that it always was like that.

yeah the only things holding it in is the plastic itself and the screw here in the bottom

6.JPG

PsychoPilot

Reaction score
Does your wood trim on the drivers side have a gap of 2mm between it and the door panel right where the window controls are? I'll post a pic of mine soon.

persain48820

Reaction score
great post. i put alpine type r 6.5's in and they were too deep. they were a full inch taller than the stock speaker. me and my friend put them in used some 3/4 inch ply wood to make a spacer and we figured out how to use the stock mounting points of the stock speaker.

BrothaAkhee

Reaction score
hey everyone. new to the forums.

i just tried this installation and things were going pretty smoothly. i got the panel out and the speaker hooked up and in, but when i tried to test it, my cd player showed me a err 1 message or something like that. any help would be appreciated.

AFAccord

Reaction score
I've installed two component sets in my 6th gen(s), both of which required two 1/2" spacer rings to clear the window. Installing the tweeters in the stock location (reflecting off the glass softens a bright metal tweeter), custom mounts for the midbass drivers, and crossovers in the doors, with all new wiring run through the door grommets took about four hours each time.

AFAccord

Reaction score
hey everyone. new to the forums.

i just tried this installation and things were going pretty smoothly. i got the panel out and the speaker hooked up and in, but when i tried to test it, my cd player showed me a err 1 message or something like that. any help would be appreciated.

Check your owners manual and/or the mfg's website for that error code.

honda_dude

Reaction score
how do u remove the rear door panel?? the same way as the front doors??

I4 CG5

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the rear ones are the same as the passenger front. But there aren't any speakers in the rear ones :thinking:

JonJonello

Reaction score
thanks a bunch for this guide, i used step by step and it was an easy install for my new pioneers only took about an hour but my rear speakers on the other hand was a pain

u should make a guide on those ones as well

anyways thanks again for the help

Back