Fuel pump won't shut off and other issues

RalfFee

Reaction score
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or not but here goes, I apologize for the long read.

So I did an auto to manual swap a little over a month ago. After doing the swap the car wouldn't start with the key (it wouldn't even start to turn over the only thing that would happen is that the dash would light up) so in order to start the car I had to flip the ignition to the on position and then use a spare cable that I ran to the starter and then touch the other end to the positive terminal to the battery. I figured it had something to do with the automatic ECU so I went ahead and changed the ECU to manual one and used the transponder key that went along with it in order to avoid having issues with the immobilizer, but to my surprise that didn't work either because the car wouldn't start with the key. So I decided to go along with a manual harness but realized that one of the plugs from the manual harness wouldn't fit in with the harness from the fuse box so I cut the plug from the automatic harness and spliced it onto the manual harness and made it fit and it seemed to resolve the issue because the car would start to turn over when the key was turned and it even started once but it started to do the same thing shortly after and turning the key wouldn't do anything but turn the dash on, so I had to turn the car on from the starter again. Shortly after, I found that the battery wasn't holding charge at all, so I ended up using the automatic harness again. After putting the automatic harness back on, the car still wouldn't start, when I turned the ignition to the on position the fuel pump would turn on but it would stay on and wouldn't turn off at all. I figured it had something to do with automatic harness (the one which I had cut up in order to make the plug fit on the manual harness) so I tried to use another automatic harness (one that hadn't been cut up) but I still had the same issues,

Car won't start with the key (even after I started using the manual ECU with the transponder key. I have to turn the ignition to the on position and then run a cable from the starter to the positive terminal on the battery)

The fuel pump won't shut off when I turn the ignition switch on so now the car starts to turn over when I use to the cable to the battery but it doesn't turn on. I figured it might have to do with the main relay, but can a bad main relay cause the fuel pump to stay on?

I've been without my car for almost 3 weeks now smh and I have no clue what's going on.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
on both follow the wire from the source with a DVOM. Find out where power ends or starts.

RalfFee

Reaction score
Yeah man, I changed the main relay and the fuel pump is now acting normal but the car still won't turn on :/

Back