Which wiring harness?

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
I need help finding which wiring harness adapter to buy. I have a 2001 EX-L with the 6-CD changer, two door speakers, two 6X9's in the rear, and two small speakers on the corners of the dashboard (so 6 speakers total I guess:confused:). My system is completely stock at the moment and I'm a total noob at car audio lol. I'm not planning on putting in an amp or any subs, just keeping it simple. Does anybody have a link to the harness I need for an aftermarket head unit? Thanks!

Last edited:

MotoCARR

Reaction score
You will also need a dash kit:
99-7898, 99-7894, or 99-7895 if you are going to use a single din radio.
95-7801 or 95-7895 if you are going with a double din.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
The dash kit is kinda stupid, a radio bolts in but you need the kit ONLY to fill the gap! It all works, just a lil gap!

Then the kit I got needed sanding the radio hole to fit over the radio!! Needs more still!

I might forget it and build my own, like I originally planned.

Reaction score
You can use the spade terminal wires that come with the speakers, Just tap into the factory speaker harness. you don't have to worry about polarity if changing all the speakers, simply make sure that you use the same side of the plug for positive and negative on all of them. With the front disconnect the factory dash tweeters, the new speakers will have them integrated. You can use a quality 6.5 up front with spacers or cut out the factory speaker basket to create a spacer with factory mounting holes. The metra 1721 harness is what you want for the radio harness, match the colors and call it a day. The blue/white wire is not needed. A flip face double din will most likely require dash kit trimming. A razor, file, and some patience will make it perfect.

james'99

Reaction score
http://www.crutchfield.com/ will be your best friend on a task like this if you have no idea what you are doing. If you buy everything from them, they will send you step by step instructions as to how to install the stereo also givivng you the proper adapters for your particular install.

Back