looking for decent coilovers

00accord25

Reaction score
I have KYB GR-2 shocks/struts for my 2000 accord coupe v6. looking to buy a decent set of coilovers. "not crap". any suggestions

dynasty

Reaction score
tein ss or ground control is good from what i heard.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
guess if you are planning to keep your struts, you have little option but to go for coil-over sleeves. If you're going for coil-over sleeves, Ground Control is your only good option. Stay away from the generic ebay brands, you'll end up buying again.

If you plan on getting full coilovers, Omnipower has great ones, for damn cheap price. KSport is really nice also.

Then if you're gonna be a baller, you can always go for D2 coilovers. They're probably the best ones in my opinion.

Tein SS is ok, but i've had bad experiences, and they're overpriced for what they offer. Don't both getting Tein Basics, they're a total waste of money. For the same price or lower, you can get Omnipower or Tanabe sustec, or the Apexi one

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
^^
I read about them on honda-tech a while back, and it seems like a much better build than Tein SS. And it's all for 800bucks or so!

iStealBunnieSz

Reaction score
I rather stick to Omnipower, Apexi, Groundcontrols with Koni yellows, AMR ( kinda expensive though ). I might go with Omni power or GC with Yellows I've heard nothing but good things about them.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
AMR is comparitively cheap for what you get. GC + Koni is about the same price if not more as AMR.

The thing I don't like about Omnipower and Apexi is they offer no dampening for our cars, that and the apexi is discontinued.

Back