Eibach PRO Kit with OEM struts???

.::Basil::.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm putting the Eiback PRO Kit on my car with the stock struts. I heard that this can cause your struts to blow out really quick. Is this true cuz I really dont have the money for Koni Yellows yet.

pjk208

Reaction score
from someone who's done it before...Don't! get tokico or koni aftermarket shocks...your stock ones will blow (both ridewise and physically)...it's just gonna save you money in the long run if you buy the aftermarket shocks and install them with the springs....

wg2k7

Reaction score
my friend bought his car with nuespeed sports on stock shocks, and it rides great. solid ride, not bouncy, but not stiff. corners great too. however, most people arent so lucky, and stock shocks can either blow out immediatly or last a while, better to take the safe route and ride on both stock til u get both aftermarket, otherwise you could be stuck on blown shocks for a while

HondaGus

Reaction score
well I'm on stock shocks STILL LOL and i dont have ANY PROBLEMS, but they do kind of squeak these past few days.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I have stock everything besides the Pro-kit...Been running on those for probably 3 years now i guess..On the same ones, so you should be safe for quite some time :D

.::Basil::.

Reaction score
I think I might give it a try with the stock struts. Are KYB GR-2 strut okay? Better than stock ones? I can get them for about $250 US on ebay or I can get Koni Yellows for $450 CAD. I just don't feel like spending more money than I have to.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i have Tokico blues with Neuspeed Green springs. when we removed my stock shocks it appeared the rear one was blown by a bit. so, either way, it wasn't something i wanted to risk. i mean, either way i was going to need replacement anyways.

cdubb77

Reaction score
.::Basil::. said:
I think I might give it a try with the stock struts. Are KYB GR-2 strut okay? Better than stock ones? I can get them for about $250 US on ebay or I can get Koni Yellows for $450 CAD. I just don't feel like spending more money than I have to.

I have KYB GR-2's shocks. They're not bad. They're really just factory replacements but they work well with aftermarket springs or coilovers. I have Neuspeed Race springs on my KYB's.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
cool, I just put kyb's on my ride and plan on getting lowering springs too. So neuspeeds work well with them then?

Back