Spring shock suggestion for a minimal drop...

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
I'm also looking for a moderate drop and was recommended Tein-S Tech springs with Tokico Blue Shocks. Does anyone have this setup or something similar? I'd love to see some pic's, I need a minimal drop cause I might sell the car in the near future.

BTW I know that it's best not to drop if selling but I have to replace my suspension since its shot anyway and I'd rather buy something with a bit of a drop in case I do keep the car.

Thanks!

Yes, I am currently on this set-up and have been on it for about 40K-50K miles. The drop is not huge but it gets the job done. I now wish I would have just saved my money and gotten coilovers.

PM for pics.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Levin, if you were a close friend, you wouldn't have suggested A**'s. :lawl:

Seriously though, He should just consider Tokico Blues and H & R springs, I think was the combo that I remember people suggested, since blues can't tolerate a very aggressive drop.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Derek, my suggestions to him were done before certain things/matters arose.

From what i know he is currently stuck between H&R Sport / Tein H.Tech / Eibach ProKit.
And i've also made him consider Tein Basic lately as who knows i might be buying a set of them too :)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Is this the same friend that bought the Alpine deck, by chance? :lawl:

Wasn't someone selling basics on here at some point?

Talk to Ken(NASOHC) about the F2's. Even the Type 1's would probably be cheaper to get through him.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Derek, yes it is lolz.
As for the FF's, i've already messaged him regarding them as it seems F2's and Tein Basics would prob run me close to the same (for myself). I rode on Tam-a-lams car with the F2's and with Jonas with the basics and honestly to me Jonases felt supper smooth, smoother then my oem is right now. Tam's to me almost fell like what my oem feels like but a bit stiffer.

As for the person in question for this post, i have a feeling F2's might be a tad stiff for him unless they can be actually dialed down to the softness that basics have.

xi0utlawstarix, is that pic on H&R Sports?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
mmm....sounds like basics might be best for him.

At least full coils have more flexibility than a shock/spring combo, which is also a good selling point.

blackcord

Reaction score
Derek, yes it is lolz.
As for the FF's, i've already messaged him regarding them as it seems F2's and Tein Basics would prob run me close to the same (for myself). I rode on Tam-a-lams car with the F2's and with Jonas with the basics and honestly to me Jonases felt supper smooth, smoother then my oem is right now. Tam's to me almost fell like what my oem feels like but a bit stiffer.

As for the person in question for this post, i have a feeling F2's might be a tad stiff for him unless they can be actually dialed down to the softness that basics have.

xi0utlawstarix, is that pic on H&R Sports?

Not only that! I had F1s and their drop start at around 2.75" and then go as low as around 3.5-4". Way to low for me with Canadian winters.

Back