Thoughts on kumho Ecsta le sport?

-bl-

Reaction score
thanks for all the info, I looked around for some all season, but i think im pretty set on the N3000's now, they supposedly also have really good tread ware and it makes sense to get them since i can order them from canada.

Thanks all!

Shadow1

Reaction score
i get irritated when the 1st option thats given to someone is to search. i dont e-thug. and just because i have a small amount of post on here means nothing. ive been on car forums for the past 4-5 years. and im a mod on one of them. mainly one that abhors people telling new people to search. ive moved past the suspension thread. i had totally forgot about that until you said something. even know i could care less about it.

i completely understand about the cluttering of the site on multiple threads on one topic. it would aggravate me as well. but as i stated, its better that he ask his fellow accord tuners 1st. just because a guy driving a BMW might love how the tires feel, they might feel differently in a Civic due to the fact of the tire size AND the car itself. just like ive talked to multiple people about Parelli tires but the only ones that like them are the 2 BMW owners. others that were driving IS300, Civic, Accord, and TSX owners hated them.

it probably was misinterpreted as him just telling him to search. looking back at it, i was probably just in a bad mood when i made that post. lol. sorry for junking up a informative thread.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Qualifications:

I'll go ahead and say that I'm probably a true tire whore. I'm always trying something new and looking for the next best thing when it comes to true performance per cost. I've always relied heavily on Tirerack.com's user reviews and their formal tests. Some of the one's I've tried just in the past few years (in no particular order) include: (EDIT: I felt it necessary to somewhat order the list to show favor towards the models that deserve it, so the list will be ordered from most favored to least favored.)

Continental Extreme DW
Continental Extreme DWS
Bridgestone Potenza RE050
Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS
General Exclaim UHP
Bridgestone Potenza RE760
BFG KDW
BFG KDW II
Pirelli PZero
Pirelli PZero Nero
Kumho Ecsta SPT
BFG Sport
Kumho Solus
Kumho Ecsta ASX
Nexen N3000
Nexen N7000

And I'm sure I'm leaving several out.

After a quick search and comparison on Tirerack.com, I would recommend considering the Ecsta 4X's. They seem to have slightly better ratings than the LE Sports, and are only $1 more each. :thumbsup:

Kumho Ecsta 4X
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+4X

Comparison with LE Sport
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTires.jsp?removeIndex=245WR7EASX

Ratings for UHP All-Season:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=UHPAS

Ratings for Max Perf Summer:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I hope you've whored the Tire Review thread with the plethora of tires you've owned. A number of people would find that to be helpful.

Always wondered about RE960's.

AFAccord

Reaction score
^I hope you've whored the Tire Review thread with the plethora of tires you've owned. A number of people would find that to be helpful.

Always wondered about RE960's.

I probably should find the time to do that, huh? I believe the 960 has been replaced with the 970 which appears to be a contender for my top spot. For the price though, the Continentals are going to be VERY tough to beat.

Last edited:

Kville02Accord

Reaction score
I've got Conti extremecontact DWS in 225/45/17 on my car and love them. Quiet, awesome traction and very good tire wear. before these I had Kuhmo ecsta's and I sold them with over half the treadwear still left because they sounded like mud terrain tires. I will be buying DWS again after these wear out....

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The Nexen's can last you a few seasons, but as RR said, it also depends on how you drive.

I got about 3-4 seasons with my N3000's, and I drove pretty spirited from time to time.

Also, depends on the amount of camber you have to, which will also shorten the life of the tire. Rotating them will help, unless you are running a staggered setup.

Back