Drilling out a bolt

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I also have a set of left-hand drill bits. Usually the bolt 'pops' before your done.

DizzyP

Reaction score
I just picked up SpeedOut screw/bolt extractor a few days ago.

I had some stripped screws on the rotors. Each bit is double sided. One side to o bore a hole in screw or bolt then flip the bit to drill in reverse until it bites and unscrews the stripped item. Package says less than 10 seconds but it takes that much time to flip the bit, more like 2 minutes...still worth it. $20 at Auto parts store and Home Depot, cheaper on Amazon. No hammering or pre-oiling like some other products.

Oh, and I just used a cordless drill. I have a corded one just in case but didn't need it.

83eabe409659633959860b01433d1bb8.jpg

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Saw something similar at Walmart in the US, was thinking I might invest in a set of these for the future.

cl206

Reaction score
If it cracked a socket I doubt dremeling a slit and then using a big flathead would work. It is probably mega seized/rusted like the screws on a rotor.

My suggestion would be to use a hammer and a heavy center punch of some kind and give it a few quick heavy hits in the CCW fashion. I did that on my rotor screws and worked like a charm.

Also maybe use some penetrating oil or kroil too!

Last edited:

DizzyP

Reaction score
^ I'll be filling up all day, everyday!

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I was hoping to get at it yesterday, but may end up trying again during the week this week, or at the latest this coming weekend.

Will keep you updated.

Back