Simple F23 question.

F23accordowner

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick simple question here. I've searched for the answer time and time again still cannot find consistent info regarding MAX hp from completely stock internal f23a (jdm) pretty sure it's the same engine as what I just took out. F23a1, just from japan. Simply put if I tune this car to let's say 250 hp, is that safe daily driver, or 275? Or 300....you get the idea. It is turbo, and has all brand name parts, and fuel system is upgraded to handle the boost. So all the external stuff is legit. Just need to know max hp for daily driver so if we are tuning at 10 psi and hit 300 and iit's way over safe I'll drop down the boost to nor blow the motor. Thanks.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
What do you mean by safe daily driver? Like still reliable, or just too much power so it makes it difficult to drive?

F23accordowner

Reaction score
I'm talking like does 300 hp break the motor, and so on. Daily driver is me driving it to work, mostly highway so not in boost. 5psi of one turbo, does not deliver the same hp of let's say a larger turbo at 5psi. It matters about volume of air coming in not pressure. I'm asking not what psi breaks the internals, or rings or whatever. Just asking does anyone basically drive a turbo f23 with stock internals at or under 300 hp reliably?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I'm talking like does 300 hp break the motor, and so on. Daily driver is me driving it to work, mostly highway so not in boost. 5psi of one turbo, does not deliver the same hp of let's say a larger turbo at 5psi. It matters about volume of air coming in not pressure. I'm asking not what psi breaks the internals, or rings or whatever. Just asking does anyone basically drive a turbo f23 with stock internals at or under 300 hp reliably?

I wouldn't personally.

But if the motor is very healthy and well maintained, it might last a little while.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Only person I can think of that might have stock internals is michael_rawrrr that's his username on instagram. I'd ask him on there

Tectonickz

Reaction score
I'd keep it under 275 until it's built up a bit....probably not worth risking ruining the engine. Idk

Just my 2cents

F23accordowner

Reaction score
Thanks, my tuner is very confident with 250hp out of this setup, I just want a second opinion on the survivability of the motor at 250 or whatnot. He is experienced in Hondas so I trust him. Albeit he has a 900+hp civic he built from bottom up. So that gives him some cred.

Back